Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer sure bet IMO

Options
  • 27-07-2006 8:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Well for start sorry if I should have put his in the table league but I dont know if that's just people doing bet's to see who can win.

Anyways of course no such thing as a sure bet but surely Liverpool can come out on top 8/13 against Sheff United!!

Also I think Lyon should come out out on top 4/5 against Nantes though I think the Liverpool one is the best one!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Eh Pigheads gonna be brutally honest here and say thats not the greatest piece of gambling advice he's ever been given.

1/ The price is shit

2/ Its a long season ahead and if you post a thread up each week "tipping" one of the big 4 to beat one of the lower teams in the league at a crappy price then you'll be known as "The Lad That Tips The Big Teams To Beat The Small Teams At shitty Prices"

3/ 8/13 is such an awkward price to work out your winnings.

4/ Good luck with your bet son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

Soccer sure bet IMO

really?!
    Anyways of course no such thing as a sure bet

aww..
    i had the house packed for the bookies n' all.. what a let down..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Pighead wrote:
    8/13 is such an awkward price to work out your winnings
    If you consider this a factor on whether you back a selection or not, I dont think you should really be gambling.

Come to think of it, you were offering to lay an 11/2 shot in some match in the world cup at 100/1 too, werent you?

Soccer sure bet IMO
    Btw, in gambling parlance, a 'sure bet' is one where you back all possible permutations (with different bookmakers) and guarantee yourself a profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Well pighead if you want you can back soemone like Chelsea maybe at 1/5. 8/13 for liverpool to beat Sheff isnt good :eek: hard to work out your winning :eek: put 650 on you win 400 not very hard.

Yes I know what you mean by sure bet! But I honestly think this is as good as a sure bet! Jesus man Sheff against Liverpool.

Crap prices? My god man you dont know a good bet when you see it!

4/6 now boylesports

Maybe you might want to do Chealsea and Arsenal in a double both 1/4 sure what the hell stick united in there too at 1/4

• Advertisement

CiaranC wrote:
    If you consider this a factor on whether you back a selection or not, I dont think you should really be gambling.

Come to think of it, you were offering to lay an 11/2 shot in some match in the world cup at 100/1 too, werent you?

Eh that remark about 8/13 being an awkward price was made with tongue firmly in cheek ya big ninny!

And come to think of it NO PIGHEAD DIDN"T OFFER TO LAY AN 11/2 SHOT IN SOME MATCH IN THE WORLD CUP AT 100/1 TOO.

Wake up Ciaran C.

Pighead wrote:
    Pighead will give you a 100/1 if you want.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51523141&postcount=48

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stephenoleary

Easy now....

It's a little early in the morning, we've all had a little too much to drink....:D

Well pighead if you want you can back soemone like Chelsea maybe at 1/5. 8/13 for liverpool to beat Sheff isnt good :eek: hard to work out your winning :eek: put 650 on you win 400 not very hard.

Nope wouldn't back Chelsea either at those prices. Alright to stick in a 3 or 4 team accumulator maybe.
    And as for Liverpool being a banker! What a load of tosh. Liverpool are away in this fixture playing at a packed out Sheff Utd stadium against a newly promoted team who won't make life easy for them.
    Yes I know what you mean by sure bet! But I honestly think this is as good as a sure bet! Jesus man Sheff against Liverpool.

This time last year I'm sure you would have spouted the same kind of rubbish regarding Chelsea to stuff Wigan in their opening fixture. What happened? Chelsea scrape a fortuitous 1-0 win thanks to a Crespo last minute winner.
    Crap prices? My god man you dont know a good bet when you see it!

4/6 now boylesports

Maybe you might want to do Chealsea and Arsenal in a double both 1/4 sure what the hell stick united in there too at 1/4

Eh no thanks Joe, Pighead shan't be doing that. By the way you do realise that there are several other leagues starting all around Europe in the next couple of weeks. You seem to be confined and rather trapped by the Premier League for all your betting on that weekend.

Catch there :rolleyes:

[Nick] I know there is no such thing as a sure bet that's why I said in my own opinion! Look at the odd's most are sh!t IMO like I said Liverpool are the bet for me anyway's and certainly are value.

Em no I also said Lyon!

Well just do your trebles or Acc if you want!

Make a deal then ill bet you 250Euro ok and if the game even ends in a draw you win! Simply as if united win you win if liverpool win I win? But dont say yeah if you aint gonna pay im dead serious if I lose ill pay the money no problem everyone here is witness!

I also fancy Preston but I really only put posts that Im prity sure will win I dont say to people oh do these 5 teams then if one loses your fcuked! This is a tipping site giving out tips which i believe are the best chances to win and to say it isnt value for money is bull!

• Advertisement

There is such thing as a sure bet:

http://www.betbrain.com/infos/aboutSurebetCalculation

CiaranC wrote:

Jesus Mary and Joseph! Pighead thought you were talking about an official bet I made. That 100/1 wasn't actually a real bet buddy! My point was that England wouldn't lose to Paraguay and that the 11/2 on offer for a Paraguay win was a foolish bet and it may as well have been a 100/1.

C'mon Ciaran you're better than this.

You laid them at 101 for the adrenaline rush on betfair Pighead, dont try to deny it.

I hope that surebet link is the right one, the site im on has a filter blocking gambling sites.

Sure how did you know England wouldnt lose. I remember the friendly between the two, England were dead lucky like always last minute goal!

So you say im foolish for the odds so all the odds are in your favour as you see and if its a draw you win cant get more fare than that! so do you want to have the little wager?

Sure how did you know England wouldnt lose. I remember the friendly between the two, England were dead lucky like always last minute goal!

So you say im foolish for the odds so all the odds are in your favour as you see and if its a draw you win cant get more fare than that! so do you want to have the little wager?

Nope shan't be taking that bet buddy. Pighead reckons Liverpool will probably win also but at 8/13 I'm not betting on it. It doesn't scream out value to me. If it was 5/6 or evens i'd be having a go alright There will be a hundred games on that Saturday that I'd rather bet on rather than that match.

4/6.

I also fancy Reading to beat Middlesbrough 13/10.

But I think it's abit risky doing them kinda bet's while it's the first game. Better just waiting till I see how the first two matches go.

Anyways im prity sure Liverpool is a banker!

Look at odds for them compared to the like's of Chealsea is playing city if i remember right City drew with them last year!

Also United playing Fulham I might be wrong buy I also think they drew TWICE last session!

Also watch the french league there is always loads of draws in that league.

Ah yes very good, using the old stats to help you beat the bookies. Always a wise maneouvre young joebhoy.
    Anyway hope ur bet comes in.

***STAT ALERT***
    Liverpool haven't won an opening day fixture since 2002
    ***STAT ALERT***

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

All you have to do is multiply your stake by 1.62 :confused:

Bateman wrote:
    All you have to do is multiply your stake by 1.62 :confused:
    He He. You're like my friend who shouted out the answer to a quiz question from 15-1 6 HOURS AFTER THE QUESTION WAS ASKED! There we were talking about the hot new polish chicks that had moved in across the road when out of the blue he yells "4 Stomachs, cows have 4 stomachs".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Pighead wrote:
    He He. You're like my friend who shouted out the answer to a quiz question from 15-1 6 HOURS AFTER THE QUESTION WAS ASKED! There we were talking about the hot new polish chicks that had moved in across the road when out of the blue he yells "4 Stomachs, cows have 4 stomachs".

But you didn't ask a question :)

Suppose I was just looking for a reaction. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Pighead wrote:

i go to the PP web page and use the calculator

county wrote:
    Pighead wrote:

i go to the PP web page and use the calculator
    Very good, Pighead uses the Sporting Life one. Now what was the original question again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Pighead wrote:
    county wrote:
    Very good, Pighead uses the Sporting Life one. Now what was the original question again?
    sure bets i believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i am taking liverpool in an opening day accumlator with newcastle and spurs at 7/1.

Advertisement