Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

... and sometimes I LOVE this game! :)

Options
  • 26-07-2006 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Work thing fell through today so decided to drop in to Elm Hall in Celbridge for a sneaky 9Holes that turned into an even sneakier 18!

33 pts despite a three-hole meltdown in the middle of the first nine where I completely forgot how to play the game.

Nice birdie on the Par5 2nd and a run of four pars from 7-10. After a disastrous last month or so on the course, it was nice to finally get it around in a half-orderly fashion! A couple of great up and downs as well which was pleasing cos my short game has been poor lately.

Shaved the hole for a birdie on the 9th and 18th (same hole) after playing it two completely different ways. First time I played it Rescue-LW to about 12ft and the second time (needed a birdie for 18 pts on the back after a ridiculous three-putt on the 17th) I hit a big drive into the bunker in front of the green and played a cracker of a bunker shot to about 8ft. Left the putt on the edge of the hole.

I actually rolled my putts pretty good for a change. Yesterday we were discussing putting techniques (picking spots either side of the ball, the 'bowling method' etc) and I kind of used a combination of all three today to fairly good effect. Holed a lovely birdie putt from about 18ft.

Anyone here a member at Elm Hall? How much and do you need to be voted in? It's a crackin little place and very handy for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

great news greeenhorn, it's alwys great when the game comes back to you especially after a bad experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

Cheers JR

Played Killeen today, love that course... Didn't play too shabby at all the occasional meltdown apart! :)

Greens are in great nick there as always... That damn 16th done me again though! I doubt there's a more difficult Index17 around. Tough when you've no shot on it...

SwingKing, you're a member - how do you play the hole? Driver? Lay up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

GreenHorn wrote:
    Anyone here a member at Elm Hall? How much and do you need to be voted in? It's a crackin little place and very handy for me.

I have never played it but I am trying to plan around there as gf loves in Celbridge.

I checked membership there over a year ago thinking it wouldn't be to bad as its a 9 hole course.

I was shocked when I told it was over €4K to get in and something like €600 a year.

I thought to myself that it seemed a bit much as I heard it was an ok place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

Trampas wrote:
    I have never played it but I am trying to plan around there as gf loves in Celbridge.

I checked membership there over a year ago thinking it wouldn't be to bad as its a 9 hole course.

I was shocked when I told it was over €4K to get in and something like €600 a year.

I thought to myself that it seemed a bit much as I heard it was an ok place

That's a bit steep alright, wouldn't be worth it at that price imo. It's a tidy enough little course but hardly spectacular although the greens are always in very good condition... Still, only 9holes so I wouldn't pay that price for it...

They also charge €16 for 9holes which isn't for nothin either.

Advertisement