Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Credit Unions issue credit cards?

Options
  • 26-07-2006 3:18pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just thought i'd ask here first as it could potentially save me up to a half an hour in a queue, only to find out they don't?

Anyone know or even have one, if so whats their typical APR?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Doesn't look like it.

http://www.creditunion.ie/publisher/index.jsp?re=0&pID=93&nID=596

You could always use the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Business/Economy/Finance tbh, it doesn't look like they do offer credit cards. It would have been quicker to give them a call alright. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Yeah i just rang them, they don't.

Is it just me or does AIB's variable APR seem a little excessive

For example: AIB 'be' visa/ master card

This is the most unique feature of the card. With the 'be' credit card we reward you with a lower APR based on how much you spend in a 12 month period.
    • First of all, as a new AIB credit card customer you will receive an introductory APR of 6.9% for 12 months from account opening.
    • After that 12 month period if you have spent EUR5000 or more, the APR is set at 13.9% for the following year. *
    • If you spend less than EUR5000 in the first 12 months, the APR is set at 16.9% for the following year. *
    The First year is great but after that its downhill. i know APR doesn't matter if you plan to clear the amount owed every month but still

Maybe all those fantastic TV offers have spoiled me somehow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't forget the €40 euro (I think) a year that you pay for government duty. I think I read somewhere that Tesco credit cards give it back to you though I'm not 100% sure about that.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Bank of Scotland (Ireland) offer their card with a 9.5% APR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

daveirl wrote:

1% cashback - are you talking about the AMEX by BOI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

Advertisement