Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's going to what tonight?

Options
  • 26-07-2006 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Think I'll be headin in to the SE for the scalps tonight, anyone else heading in?

Olly I heard you've been barred for the serial raping of blinds :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

HalfBaked wrote:
    Think I'll be headin in to the SE for the scalps tonight, anyone else heading in?

Olly I heard you've been barred for the serial raping of blinds :eek:

I'm on parole no one had any real proof I had nothing....:p

I may see you later Peter. I had a very expensive and bad run over the weekend so a tasty little money finish would be welcome....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

ollyk1 wrote:
    I'm on parole no one had any real proof I had nothing....:p

I may see you later Peter. I had a very expensive and bad run over the weekend so a tasty little money finish would be welcome....

I have no doubt you'll be in Olly, to many blinds for you to resist. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

i havent played this since the chief self destructed to me.

might just make a showing tonite

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

IF I play, SE it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Youngza

What's on in the SE tonight?

• Advertisement

2nd time in 4 days I've gotten all my chips into a big pot in a live tournament as 85% favourite, and 2nd time I've been knocked out by the worst player at the table :( At least it wasn't the Chief who did it, my online bankroll would be gone by now it it was!

Edit: Olly's still there with a decent stack, hope he does the business and wins it back to back :)

olly and gholi were still in with 7 left,
    knocked out in eighth when my push with JTs was no match for a limped in AK by Vera.
    love this tournie.

paul...you werent knocked out by that biddy that everyone was talking about were you?

she doubled me up when she called my all in with KK with the monster that is K3s.

gholi dont think i played with you before last night....nice to see you in action.

I only managed third last night for €450 plus two scalps.

I went very card dead 4-way and I couldn't get past the card rack on my left.

When he ended up splitting the pot with his 8T against my QT on a KT94 board its wasn't looking like it was going to be my night and I finally ran my 45k stack (with 77) into his AA at the 3k/6k stage. Damn shame because I was feeling good last night but he always seemed to be marginally ahead of me and I couldn't exploit his overbets as I never had the goods to look him up.

Very nice field of 43 runners last night with 41 rebuying so it made for a tasty prize pool of €3,360 and this game is only going to grow and grow.

P.S. Paul I finally cracked your lady "friend" to take her out in 8th or 9th after waiting for hours to get the right spot, I was reading her like an open book but she kept rivering me and not even knowing it...patience grasshopper patience was my mantra last night....

HB, I'm sure it was the same biddy - not only was she the worst player on my table, but probably the tournament - and was chip leader after knocking me out! It was a big 25k pot when the blinds were 300/600.

Fair play to her though, why would anyone fold an overcard to the board at any stage post flop? You always have at least 3 outs (unless there is a straight or flush out there, oops!) so why not call any sized bet or alternatively my check raise all-in? :) I believe I'm now due to win my next dozen 85:15 situations, that's how this 'variance' thing work, right?

Well done both of you for cashing, I'm taking a week off due to circumstances and will only play on the internet, where the players are better and the outdraws less likely!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ionapaul wrote:
    HB, I'm sure it was the same biddy - not only was she the worst player on my table, but probably the tournament - and was chip leader after knocking me out! It was a big 25k pot when the blinds were 300/600.

Fair play to her though, why would anyone fold an overcard to the board at any stage post flop? You always have at least 3 outs (unless there is a straight or flush out there, oops!) so why not call any sized bet or alternatively my check raise all-in? :) I believe I'm now due to win my next dozen 85:15 situations, that's how this 'variance' thing work, right?

Well done both of you for cashing, I'm taking a week off due to circumstances and will only play on the internet, where the players are better and the outdraws less likely!
    Admit it Paul, she outplayed you. No harm in being second best.

• Advertisement

what about her call with A9 on the FT when a 9 was openly mucked on the deal.

i thought your man had better than A8 tbh

ionapaul wrote:

It only got funnier as the night went on Paul. She called a significant all-in raise from a guy with a high PP JJ+ (I can't really remember) with 68o and flopped a straight.

Some new guy to our table got into a discussion with her about a hand after she finally folded to his bet on the turn and he turned over an overpair, she explained how she had a flush draw on the flop (yes thats right a runner runner flush draw) but she couldn't call becasue she'd missed on the turn!! :p

I was laughing to myself becasue I knew she was betting out with three of the same suit all the time like someone else might with a 4 flush.

Also she called a guy down the whole way earlier in the night with a straight draw even though she thought he had a made flush so I'm not sure if she knew the hand rankings too well. I was giving her the Olly stare and watching her like a hawk all night last night. She probably thinks I'm a wierdo....maybe shes right...

Well done on the cashes last night lads, this tourney is becoming more popular by the week, and rightly so. By far the best tourney in the SE.

How did golly finish up Olly, was he still in when you left?

HalfBaked wrote:
    Well done on the cashes last night lads, this tourney is becoming more popular by the week, and rightly so. By far the best tourney in the SE.

How did golly finish up Olly, was he still in when you left?

No. I think he finished 5th.

He got tired and impatient made a bad push in the middle stages of the FT which decimated his stack, then got hit by the deck in the face but didn't have the chips to really get back into contention and I can't remember how he got knocked out.

Probably by playing like a fish I don't know :p;)

In fairness to Gholi he didn't realise that the blind levels get extended at the later levels (something I have spoken to Dave about a number of times and another great thing about this game) and started to gamble it up a little earlier then needed as a result.

Good luck tonight Peter in trying to retain your Thursday title I hope you can go the few places further than I managed last night.

ollyk1 wrote:
    No. I think he finished 5th.

He got tired and impatient made a bad push in the middle stages of the FT which decimated his stack, then got hit by the deck in the face but didn't have the chips to really get back into contention and I can't remember how he got knocked out.

Probably by playing like a fish I don't know :p;)

I think it was his fish like plays that got him to the final table :D
    ollyk1 wrote:
    Good luck tonight Peter in trying to retain your Thursday title I hope you can go the few places further than I managed last night.

Thanks Olly,

If last week is anything to go by I should be in great shape. Played as badly if not worse last night than I did last Wednesday, and that was followed by the win on Thursday. Using the same logic I will not only win tonight, but somewhat controversially take second place to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

ollyk1 wrote:

In fairness to Gholi he didn't realise that the blind levels get extended at the later levels (something I have spoken to Dave about a number of times and another great thing about this game) and started to gamble it up a little earlier then needed as a result.

What's the structure of this game now?

And was that aul wan the Chief in drag, by any chance? Salmon-colored blouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

great game and really enjoyed this .havent really had as much fun playing a tourney in a while.
    the field in a mixture of dead money and ppl who can play so every table is nicely balanced.
    i didnt really have to do much as i got a massive chip lead early in the game when i flopped a nut flush anf got paid 3 ways and a called some one on their bluff and got paid.
    then late stages of tourney with two tables left i lost the biggest pot of the tourney for 35K when my aces got rivered by 99.
    made the final table just below avarage i think and i then i made a move that i thought was very bad then but now that i thought about it more it doesnt look that bad.

blinds at 1500/3K and this short with about 18K stack raises to 6K.
    olly calls with a big stack and so does the chip lead with huge stack.

i have 24K left and look at A8s.
    now the player who raised ive seen him fold to my pushes all night and every time i showed him the goods(KK,AK,etc) .also in the final table he kept limpping and then folding to raises saying he had suited raggy aces or small pairs.
    i was thinking on taking the flop and then pushing but there was too many players in it .i knew my push would leave me HU with the raiser as Olly and chip lead would fold and there was a chance raiser would fold too and even if he didnt i at least had a 30% chance of winning.
    comments ?

Gholimoli wrote:

blinds at 1500/3K and this short with about 18K stack raises to 6K.
    olly calls with a big stack and so does the chip lead with huge stack.

i have 24K left and look at A8s.
    now the player who raised ive seen him fold to my pushes all night and every time i showed him the goods(KK,AK,etc) .also in the final table he kept limpping and then folding to raises saying he had suited raggy aces or small pairs.
    i was thinking on taking the flop and then pushing but there was too many players in it .i knew my push would leave me HU with the raiser as Olly and chip lead would fold and there was a chance raiser would fold too and even if he didnt i at least had a 30% chance of winning.
    comments ?

Hey Gholi,

I really thought the shortstack was committed to his hand and wouldn't fold this time. He has too few chips to fold and that's why I called him with position. That was the reason I didn't like your push too much. Sure with the dead money when myself and the CL probably fold its not a terrible situation but I didn't see you being in great shape too often. You'll probably get more opinions if you wanted them by making a seperate strategy post in the main forum.

At the time my sense was, yes you will get it heads up but your hand is too weak against his range and the likelihood of someone calling to want it headsup.
    What's the structure of this game now?

And was that aul wan the Chief in drag, by any chance? Salmon-colored blouse?

LOL I had the same thought at one stage Lenny!! In fairness the lady just had very little experience and very little card sense and people kept trying to semibluff her with middling aces etc and she kept calling and winning 40/60s but occasionally she'd be in bad shape and wriggle free. People have to learn sometime and she is at the early stages it can be frustrating to try and negotiate how best to take the chips from such people as your usual game may be resticted as a result of their sheriff role at the table but you just have to be patient and set the moment up as best you can. It certainly beats having a very good player at your table.:rolleyes:

The structure is 3k starting stack with one rebuy or topup for 4k. The cost is €40 +€10 (scalp) +€5 reg plus €40 for the rebuy or topup.

All the usual blind levels for 20 minutes. Blinds are extended to 30 minutes at the 2k/4k level onwards. This game will really come into its own with fields of 50+

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

what time does it finish at?

Advertisement