Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Indie/Alternative/Rock radio station

Options
  • 26-07-2006 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

As the title says, anyone know of a good radio station to listen to in the morning round 7-830 with this type of music? I can never find any good ones for the drive in the morning. today fm is probaly the best so far, but even that has crap music 90% of the time and way too much talking/ads!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

There simply isnt one
    if you had digital radio you could listin to bbc 6 music but failing that your cd/mp3 collection is your only hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

phantom should be launching in the autumn hopefully.
    they'll play pretty much only alt/ indie rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

its a bloody crime that phantom still isn't back on the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

It was a crime when they were on the air too!

ba-doom-tish!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

trés witty indeed.

no where's me Irish Beaujolais?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

When IS phantom back anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Good question. Are they getting nationwide coverage or will it be Dublin only when they finally start broadcasting again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Their license is for Dublin only, as far as I'm aware.

they're doing interviews soon i think. and negotiating different bits and bobs that come with being proffessional rather than pirate.
    they will be on air this year. they fecking better anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I owe Phantom an alwful lot it was them that turned me on to music in the first place without them I would be another 98fm drone but im slighlty weary of concesions that will have to be made when it goes profesional some of the aspects of the stations submision were not encoraging (altough it was far better then the alternatives) and what I liked about the station was its shambolic-ness
    at times. Im not sure how a professional phantom with full scale adds will sound.

• Advertisement

well it's a price you have to pay. it would be impossible to run a profitable station without advertisments...
    I think everyone who used to tune in is a little nervous about their return, but its better than the alternatives so im lookin forward to it!

Advertisement