Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellmuth wins 10th WSOP bracelet

Options
  • 26-07-2006 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭

Hellmuth won Event #37 - $1,000 No Limit Hold'em- this morning, beating Juha Helppi heads up.

Was following this on cardplayer all morning and I have to say I'm delighted for him. Say what you like about him but he's arguably the greatest tournament No Limit player ever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭The Sheriff 101

I would have to agree although alot of his remarks can be a bit off
    i dont think he is as bad as he is made out to be.
    (heem their seems to be a bit of a patern with me defending people flipper Roy Keane Phil H.)

But greatest no limit tournament player ever he is right up their but
    Did u ever hear of Stuey Ungar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Ardent

I don't know how many WSOP bracelets Ungar won but the thing with Hellmuth is, while he may not be a great side game player, when it comes to tournaments there are few better IMO.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

You may find this amazing but this announcment can be found in a thread in ...yes you guessed it the tournament/events forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 keeffor

who is favourite for the main event?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Phil Ivey at a meagre 200/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 keeffor

does anyone know what odds phil is at? he seems to be hitting form....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

If you want a bit of a laugh, Sporting odds have Phil Ivey at a very reasonable 33/1. Not quite sure what planet they are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Drakar wrote:
    If you want a bit of a laugh, Sporting odds have Phil Ivey at a very reasonable 33/1. Not quite sure what planet they are on.

i wouldnt even take any player making the final table at odds of 33/1 not until re-evaluating deep into the tourney

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Washout wrote:
    i wouldnt even take any player making the final table at odds of 33/1 not until re-evaluating deep into the tourney
    Somewhat entertainingly he's 40/1 on another site to reach the final table...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭gamblingIRE

I think the guy is a legend, and amusing to read and see his antics.. go phil go..

isn't he joint with brunson now for wsop bracelets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Ardent

He's joint with Brunson and Johnny Chan. On current form, I think he has an excellent chance to grab #11 over the remaining events.

Advertisement