Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Issues

Options
  • 26-07-2006 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Use the laptop a lot. Noticed its been getting hotter recently on the base. Is there anyway to force the fan (it doesnt seem to be going) to run ? It may be broken I don't know. Never noticed it before.

What are some good ways of cooling hte laptops down (Other then not using it!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think you should probably get it looked at tbh, get that fan sorted. :) I keep mine raised up a bit off the desk with two books each side, seems to work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Will give that a shot. (The book thing!) I bought it re-furbed from HP so only came with 1 years service. Almost hitting the 2 year mark wit it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I saw on ebay usb powers fan base for cooling. I'm sure though that the manufacturers are more than aware of how hot a laptop can get - especcially sitting on an actual lap.

I tried some software that is supposed to control the fan but didn't work on the laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Laptop cooler - only about 30 euro in Pc World, will help out....its basically a base you put your laptop onto that has fans underneath it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭JasperKat

I use one of these Antec coolers http://www.pchealth.ie/product.php?productid=16249&cat=0&page=1

Hope that helps.

Jasper

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

JasperKat wrote:
    I use one of these Antec coolers http://www.pchealth.ie/product.php?productid=16249&cat=0&page=1

Hope that helps.

Jasper

i have one of these, really top notch. mine being a gaming laptop it gets very hot without it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Any e-tailers selling that Antec one? (I could swear I saw it for €25 somewhere...)

Advertisement