Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P4M vs. Core Duo Benchmark

Options
  • 25-07-2006 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Can anyone point me in the direction of a place I can get a benchmark test that will tell me how a Pentium 4 with HT laptop processor performs against a Core Duo laptop processor?

I'm being offered a replacement machine - and just want to know how it all matches up.

I can find Pentium M vs Core Duo all over the place, but nothing testing the P4HT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fig_roll

There is no comparison between the P4 and Core Duo because there really is no comparison between the two....

The pentium M was already very much an improvement on the P4 and now the Core Duo improves on it again...

A 2.26Ghz Pentium M is often faster than a 3.6Ghz P4 and a Core Duo at 2.26Ghz is like having 2 Pentium M's rated at the same speed...

In short the Core Duo annihalates the P4 which is no longer being made

Advertisement