Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryder Cup Rental - Scam or what???

Options
  • 25-07-2006 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Has anybody had any success renting their house for the cup? I've seen plenty of "agencies" offering buckets of cash, and heard plenty of Urban Myths abouts houses in Tallaght getting 8 grand for the week.

I have a lovely 3 bed in Celbridge and am on holiday for the 2 weeks during the cup, if theres money to be had I'll take it but so far it all sounds a bit too good to be true.

anyone know of anything solid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

one of the guys in work contacted an agency about it but she rang him last week and said that there was just no demand for it as a lot of the US press aren't bothered coming over as its too expensive.

I think you have to pay around 40quid to register with one of the websites and they will organise the renting but its prob not worth your while as the demand just isnt there.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Yeah I thought as much, thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Poker & Pints

sorry, but ams is totally wrong here. Demand is high. 3 colleagues have rented their homes out. WHat is a fallacy is the numbers that are being thrown out there. 20k for the week....nope...but all three got minimum 3k depending on distance. All three offered additional perks, one threw in the tickets as he lives in Straffan.

If you are willing to go thru the effort you can make a little money, but not the bs figures that are being quoted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

sorry, but ams is totally wrong here. Demand is high. 3 colleagues have rented their homes out. WHat is a fallacy is the numbers that are being thrown out there. 20k for the week....nope...but all three got minimum 3k depending on distance. All three offered additional perks, one threw in the tickets as he lives in Straffan.

If you are willing to go thru the effort you can make a little money, but not the bs figures that are being quoted.

What agencies did they use? I want to rent mine but would prefer an agency that makes an effort to rent ur house for you rather than just take ur money and stick an ad on their site... I'm not looking for mad money but wouldn't mind making a few quid all the same.

Advertisement