Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

99' Audi A6 Avante high miler

Options
  • 25-07-2006 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Saw this yesterday. 99' 1.9 TDi Estate. Absolutley gorgeous inside and out. High miler though, 128K miles. The seller is looking for 10K. What are A6's like at this age? Would I be crazy? Are they reliable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

126K is nothing for an A6 TBH. Many go for over 400K

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

was this an english reg one? saw that myself, looked nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

128k is not high mileage for a diesel car of its years - I'd be more suspicious if it was lower. As regards the mileage on a tdi engine - provided it has been properly serviced, its nothing in comparison to what it will do.
    I dont think the price is unreasonable, considering there are 2 petrol 99 A6's on carzone retailing at 10.5k and 11k respectively.
    Try and work getting the timing belt replaced as part of the bargain, if you are going for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I was in an A6 saloon recently, a basic 1.8 auto 1996/7 with 135,000 miles recorded.

It was as tight as a drum, and very comfortable.

Impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭zag

daveym wrote:
    was this an english reg one? saw that myself, looked nice.
    No, was a KK reg on it. It's green, out on the Castledermot - Kilcullen rd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭zag

gyppo wrote:
    Try and work getting the timing belt replaced as part of the bargain, if you are going for it.

Timing belt is done AFAIK.

But, the service history is handwritten, and stamped by a garage. Dodgy for and audi?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

zag wrote:
    Timing belt is done AFAIK.

But, the service history is handwritten, and stamped by a garage. Dodgy for and audi?

Verify the service history with the garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Check the mileage is correct, and check the handwritten service history with the garages that serviced it. The mileage wouldn't bother me.

Advertisement