Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new squeezable colmans jar

Options
  • 25-07-2006 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hey,
    Just saw an ad on the telly for colmans mustard now in a squeezable tube. To me, this just doesn't seem right. It's like it's not proper any more. Anyone think the same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Squeezable English mustard! Do you see how much the guy puts on his sausage in the ad? That much english mustard would blow your head off. French or American yeah, but that much Colemans English on one sausage - the eyes water even thinking about it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yeah it's always funny when Americans underestimate English mustard.
    :D

I don't like squeezable bottles in general - something about the collection of gunk at the neck I think.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Mustard should only ever come in a glass jar.
    Signed
    Snobby Beruthiel

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

Beruthiel wrote:
    Mustard should only ever come in a glass jar.
    Signed
    Snobby Beruthiel

Beruthiel,
    You're a fine lady indeed and would make any man the envy of all others... even if you are "snobby"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

That has been around for years. I remember commenting that it seemed to me like the natural thing to do was squeeze it onto my toothbrush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Mustard should be taken from it's glass jar with a knife (never a spoon)....And while I'm at it, Heinz ketchup should have to be slapped out of it's glass bottle......squeezy containers are for wimps !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

The only 'proper' way is to make the mustard youself using the powder and cold water.

You all sicken me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Sleipnir wrote:
    The only 'proper' way is to make the mustard youself using the powder and cold water.

You all sicken me.

Having once been convinced to "do a line" of mustard at a party whilst drunk I can't look at the powder stuff without feeling physically repulsed.

Actually colmans powder may be a revolutionary way to help people quit cocaine !?!

Advertisement