Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M1 Speed Cameras?

Options
  • 25-07-2006 8:27am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I was heading into dublin on Sunday night on the M1 and approaching Dublin (southbound) and I noticed some cameras on the bottom of a Large sign which goes across the Motorway.
    It is one of those signs which any message can be put on but was not lit up with any message at that time.
    The first one i passed was in the 120 Km zone and then another one just when the zone dropped to 100 km.

Anyone know if these are speed cameras or are they for traffic monotoring?

I know there are similar ones on the M1 heading northbound near the swords exit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

was it a big grey box like very other speed camera? Or was it it a smaller camera like those used in traffic monitoring?
    I think you have your answer yourself :D

Oh.. wait.. soem of those signs are for speed checking so might not be a camera at all.. Might just take note of your speed and tell you to slow down...

Either way they are unlikely to be speed cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

They're not speed cameras, they are for traffic monitoring.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Gatster wrote:

Good Stuff - that's what I wanted to hear!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

............and if the happen to monitor you driving too fast.................you'll get a ticket !! :D

No seriously Gatser is right AFAIK

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

MercMad wrote:
    ............and if the happen to monitor you driving too fast.................you'll get a ticket !! :D

LOL I hope not ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement