Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesco.com car insurance

Options
  • 25-07-2006 4:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

My car insurance is due for renewal soon, and I was looking up various companies websites to try and find the lowest quote, and was getting quotes averaging e350-e450. I tried Tesco.com's website, entered my details and got a quote of e212!!! I checked over and over again to ensure I hadn't entered wrong details, but I haven't and I can't help feeling suspicious! Has anybody else got their car insured with them at a much lower quote, and is there a catch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'm not sure but theres a rather large list of insurance companies listed here, probably best suited for the Motors forum, under Rec->Motors->Motors, you might get a better response there. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

This should be in the Motors forum :p

As for the catch, check how much the excess is...that's where the majority of companies hide the smack in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

from ah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Tesco=Hibernian so call em both and see how it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

kelle wrote:
    My car insurance is due for renewal soon, and I was looking up various companies websites to try and find the lowest quote, and was getting quotes averaging e350-e450. I tried Tesco.com's website, entered my details and got a quote of e212!!! I checked over and over again to ensure I hadn't entered wrong details, but I haven't and I can't help feeling suspicious! Has anybody else got their car insured with them at a much lower quote, and is there a catch?

herself paid 245 with hibernian (they do the tesco insurance too) so doesn't seem out of the way (6year ncb,full licence)

• Advertisement
Advertisement