Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ilac centre car park - They should be wearing masks!!

Options
  • 24-07-2006 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Parked the car in there yesterday on the way to see the much hyped super man in the savoy!

Noting the signs that says the car park shuts at 6.30 (when you drive upto the tolll barrier and can't turn back, might I add), I popped down to one of the security gaurds and asked him that I'd be able to get my car after this!

So he told me I would but that I'd have to go through the parnell st entrance. No bother I thought!

So, I arrived back at 7.30 to find the place totally locked up and a nice poster on the door with a number and 'call out' fee of 60e (+ ticket fare) to get my poxy car back. Yer man 'did me a deal' though and charged me 30e for the 'call out'. Which involved him getting off his fat ****ing hole to open one shutter. FFS!!!! It's a city centre ****ing car park!!!! How can it shut at 6.30!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna have to go and key someones car now to vent my frustration!

p.s - the film was a load of me bollix !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

shakenbake wrote:
    It's a city centre ****ing car park!!!! How can it shut at 6.30!!!!!!!!

It's a private car park. they are entitled to set their own opening hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

An expensive night all round so. why don't you go back and vent your anger at the security guard who advised you it was ok and ask him for the €30 you forked out for him been so F**king stupid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

He answered the question you asked him...

If I was thinking of parking somewhere that was going to close before I was able to get the car out, I'd think again and park elsewhere.

There's a lot to be said for common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

shakenbake wrote:
    Yer man 'did me a deal' though and charged me 30e for the 'call out'. Which involved him getting off his fat ****ing hole to open one shutter.

Sounds like that might be something that didn't go through the books , might want to contact the manager to check it out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

You're probably right. To be honest though I don't really want to get yer man into **** though. He could have very well charged me the full whack and in fairness doesn't dictate there policy, well probably not.

It's the misappropriately placed sign and misinformed security gaurd that get my goat. Not to mention the draconion closing times. Ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why didnt you park across the road in the car park for the cinema on parnell st?

You could have saved yourself a walk at the same time by going to the cinema there aswell. :)

Did you get a receipt for the "call out" or did the bloke pocket it?

Advertisement