Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I never thought it was possible to hate a company so much

Options
  • 24-07-2006 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have owned a dell inspiron 510m now for about a year and a half and in that time i have had to send it back twice and its just generally been hell! But today was when the straw broke the camels back. I took off the space bar to clean under it as some dust had gotten underneath, I left it on my bedside table with my lamp on and within 15 minutes when I went to reattach it, it had MELTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So of course I rang dell. I look on their website to find out what number to call for replacement parts. I couldn't find anything so I called customer care, they redirected me to sales and finally after being disconnected twice and after being given 2 numbers that no longer existed, I finally after €6.53 of credit got through to the parts supplier who told me it would be £85 sterling to replace the keyboard at least, when I protested and said I only needed a spacebar, a very, very simple cheap piece of plastic, I was told that they couldn't sell me that, the only way I could buy it was by getting a new keyboard.
    I then looked on ebay, where I found tons of keyboards really cheap like €20, but of course I don't have a credit card so I can't get one.
    I just wanted to write this to warn people against buying a dell. my friend has a sony and she broke her H key, even though it wasn't in warranty they replaced the key, without any charge.
    Be warned don't buy dell if you want a competent service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Ebay's the word. Just as well you didn't break the F key as well - how much hate would that induce? Seriuoulywhoneedsaspacebaranyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭kyper

Count yourself lucky... it could have spontaneously combusted on your lap!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Hot lamp+hot weather+plastic=melted plastic. Who'd have thunk it,eh?
    Post on adverts.ie for a broken keyboard/spacebar-you might get lucky; otherwise, as suggested, try eBay. Or bitch to Dells' customer support, or use email/web (Which your friend most likely did-otherwise, it would have cost 20euro) which may have been cheaper for you.
    Honestly, stupidity should cost. I have little sympathy and wouldn't be dissuaded by this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Have to agree with Karoma here, you obviously didn't think and blaming Dells outrageous prices isn't going to help.;) Try adverts.ie as suggested or eBay. Click the link, it looks like that place sells replacement Dell keys. I'm sure theres other links, thats the first one I found.

Advertisement