Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on the Dell Latitude D420

Options
  • 24-07-2006 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I’m looking at the Dell D420

It seems to tick all the boxes for me, does anyone have an opinions on it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I have the D410 which I love as my work machine and its so bloody light!Only thing I noticed bout the D420 is that its got a rather weaker processor (1.0-1.2ghz?) but does have a lovely widescreen display.Still rather pricey tho' isnt it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's pricy but then it's going after the market for the X1 rather than for the D410 (which was pretty much as pricy when bluetooth and HD was upgraded to be the same as what came with the X1 as default).

Personally I'm almost certainly picking one up as soon as it goes to a revision A01 or higher motherboard (no particular reason, I'm just more comfortable with hardware with at least the early tweaks done) and when it goes dual core (to get over the speed differential between it and the D410). The latter is currently in testing phase so I'm expecting September or so. When it does that it'll be pretty much the perfect laptop for me. I may change my mind depending on what other vendors bring out but I doubt it. If Sony bring out a scarily light machine again it'd be even better for me but I suspect it'd be outside what I'd classify as a reasonable price range.

Advertisement