Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa Romeo Question?

Options
  • 24-07-2006 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Right so, first off this is NOT and Alfa Bashing thread, I am simply looking for information. If you are going to bash Alfa then go elsewhere!

I have noticed (as I do a lot of city driving) that when behind an Alfa Romeos 147, 156 and 166 that there seems to be a cable that hangs down at the rear of the car. It looks like it goes to the left back wheel. Can anyone tell me what this is?

Also, while on the subject of underbodies, can anyone tell me what the "flap" on the underside of a Saab is? It's just under the drivers seat (but obviously outside the car).

Ok, so it's a slow day but I spotted three Alfas this morning with the same cable!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Brake Cable, FIAT's have the same issue, the thick rubber boot designed to keep it tight into it's holder wears thin, and the cable drops down. No last damage occurs from it, but it looks unsightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

the saab flap is to do with driving on snow covered roads, to stop a build up of crud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

Ok thanks.

Re the Saab, is it protecting something? i.e. why is it only on the drivers side and mid-way up the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

regarding the Alfa one - definitely unsightly!

Its actually the plastic retaining clip bending out of shape/sometimes breaking away, so it doesnt lock into its home position holding up the heavily padded rear handbrake cable... usually more-so on the left hand side than the right when looking at the car from behind, in my experience.

Advertisement