Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance for prov licence holder

Options
  • 24-07-2006 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that would insure a 30 year old male, 0 NCB looking for first time insurance?

None of the places I have tried online are any use at all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that would insure a 30 year old male, 0 NCB looking for first time insurance?

None of the places I have tried online are any use at all

Golden Pages+telephone+patience

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

Your best best is Quinn Direct www.quinn-direct.ie - they are among the most competitive out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

dubstub wrote:
    Your best best is Quinn Direct www.quinn-direct.ie - they are among the most competitive out there.

Maybe for youngsters. I always find them to be way above other quotes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Golden Pages+telephone+patience

unfortunately that really isnt an option given that I work all day - and most places are closed at lunchtime. thats why I was hoping to get an online quote, but several of the place I have tried have said

a. No
    b. Get some NCB
    c. Not at this time
    d. You have to own a car - we dont do general quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Ph3n0m wrote:
    unfortunately that really isnt an option given that I work all day - and most places are closed at lunchtime. thats why I was hoping to get an online quote, but several of the place I have tried have said

a. No
    b. Get some NCB
    c. Not at this time
    d. You have to own a car - we dont do general quotes

Quinn-Direct about it when starting off... you can get a quote and cover on the website...

edit*

you will need details of a car to get a quote on , you don't have to buy it first just get the details on carzone and tell them you want a quote before you buy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Sarn

Ph3n0m wrote:
    You have to own a car - we dont do general quotes

Just put in the model, year and engine size that you are most likely to get (as I'm sure you've already thought of). Your best best is to ring someone, fill out the online forms to get an idea what they'll ask you.

Personally I found Quinn to be the most competitive for a provisional driver. Unfortunately as I'm sure you know by now most insurers run for the hills if you're a provisional holder with less than 2 years NCB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Quinn just quoted me 1300 - odd for most cars :)

However look at this:

http://www.123.ie/motor/quote_xs.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

www.brittoninsurance.com are absolutely fab! I highly recommend them for first timers...
    Im 19, 1st provisional licence, 0 NCB...
    They quoted me 1028 euro on my 1L starlet whereas quinn-direct quoted 1700 euro!!
    Get an online quote n lemme kno how u get on
    :D
    They wont give u a quote without car details so just enter the details of a car u are considering

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

Ph3n0m wrote:

€4000 excess? You better hope you don't have an accident... My excess with Quinn Direct is about €600 (though I think mine is higher than normal as it's commercial insurance).

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

FBD are very good - i was quoted 2700 by AXA, 2300 by Quinn and 1700 by FBD. I was a 27year old 0 NCB and a provisional licence.

(passed my test a week ago btw, yayyy ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Quinn direct quoted me €1861.44 TPFT , am about to turn 20 and prov license holder on a 1999 opel corsa 1L.

I had trouble getting quotes off briton online - the drop down menu wouldnt let me pick 1999 as a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

funkyflea wrote:
    Quinn direct quoted me €1861.44 TPFT , am about to turn 20 and prov license holder on a 1999 opel corsa 1L.

I had trouble getting quotes off briton online - the drop down menu wouldnt let me pick 1999 as a year.

give them a ring!
    TPFT on a 1.4 astra with Quinn direct : €2444
    TPFT on same car with Britton : €1394

Wtf !!!!!

Advertisement