Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sometimes I hate this game... :(

Options
  • 24-07-2006 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Played Slieve Russell yesterday after not very much sleep the night before and just played awful. The second worst round of my life (the worst was a pathetic showing around Castleknock that still makes me wake up screaming in the middle of the night!)...

I actually hit the ball alright but made shocking mistakes and my short game was embarrassing. I love Slieve Russell, a gem of a course, so it was just feckin heartbreaking to play so poorly...

Having said all that, I didn't get one bit of luck all day. Lipped out three putts and a great drive on 18 hopped sideays into a bunker... Still, I think it was Gary Player who said "the more I practice, the luckier I get..."

One of those days where you just can't wait to get off the course unfortunately... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,532 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Everyone has bad days even the pros.
    Golf is a demanding game.
    If your not right physically and mentally ,i.e tired,sore,slightly injured your rhythm and timing will be off and its very hard to get it back.
    I played 9 holes last week with a slight knee injury,kept on getting duck hooks ,3 putted 3 times ,lost 3 balls ,it was a nightmare.
    Just accepted it.
    Went out 2 days later feeling physically better and played the same nine holes in 1 under and hit the ball well.
    Funny old game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

GreenHorn wrote:
    Played Slieve Russell yesterday after not very much sleep the night before and just played awful. The second worst round of my life (the worst was a pathetic showing around Castleknock that still makes me wake up screaming in the middle of the night!)...

I actually hit the ball alright but made shocking mistakes and my short game was embarrassing. I love Slieve Russell, a gem of a course, so it was just feckin heartbreaking to play so poorly...

Having said all that, I didn't get one bit of luck all day. Lipped out three putts and a great drive on 18 hopped sideays into a bunker... Still, I think it was Gary Player who said "the more I practice, the luckier I get..."

One of those days where you just can't wait to get off the course unfortunately... :(
    just put it behind you man, i had a mare yesterday too i scrapped in a 92 gross, was paddy last in the medal, not a big turn out during the holidays but still no less embarassing,sometimes your body and your mind just aren't in it, especially if you're tired.;)

i tell ya, i hit a perfect tee shot on the par 3 224 yard 16th and what did i come away with from 12 feet a 4! a bleedin 4! :eek: some days your better off forgetting about, don't dwell on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

I wasnt playing well at all in April, was considering taking a break then broke my ankle in May, perfect, a nice lay off, since I've come back in the last 2/3 weeks I've been playing my best golf ever. Bad days/patches happen, take a week or two off and then go back and play to enjoy it, regardless of where the balls goes, you'll prob find you'll start playing well again

Advertisement