Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

if not 147 then what else ?

Options
  • 24-07-2006 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

**************please post on which 147 insted****************
    i had a drive in a 03 147 on sat and not impressed by the drive. the gear change its not tight its loose,they seem too heavy in steering without the best feedback, dont inspire confidence anyway. i am comming from a 98 mx5 mk2 1.6 in mint condition and want to get somthing that's 4 seats(not for munchkins), sporty drive, nice spec, is a good looker and up to €15k. its going on my wifes policy and so we could go up to 2ltr but would preffer to stay under it, i have my own company policy so i'm not a factor in that side o it. i dont want to become another golf driver, nothing wrong withh golf drivers but its not for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

gstonesmx5 wrote:
    i had a drive in a 03 147 on sat and not impressed by the drive. the gear change its not tight its loose,they seem too heavy in steering without the best feedback, dont inspire confidence anyway. i am comming from a 98 mx5 mk2 1.6 in mint condition and want to get somthing that's 4 seats(not for munchkins), sporty drive, nice spec, is a good looker and up to €15k. its going on my wifes policy and so we could go up to 2ltr but would preffer to stay under it, i have my own company policy so i'm not a factor in that side o it. i dont want to become another golf driver, nothing wrong withh golf drivers but its not for me.

Did you drive more than one? That particular car could have been a dog. Have a drive of another one before totally ruling the car out. Also test drive the 156, they can be bought alot cheaper than the 147. They are available in 1.6 litre but most will advice you to go for at least the 1.8 litre. A full service history and a good warranty are a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

gstonesmx5 wrote:

'03 Skoda Octavia VRs?

Different, fun, reliable and not as heavy on fuel as you'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

i am comming from a 98 mx5 mk2 1.6 in

The MX5 is rear wheel drive ...that might explain the the non responsive feel you're getting on the steering.

Any front wheel drive car will feel strange and unresponsive after your little, nippy RWD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

this thread is a second version of "which 147" so please use "which 147" for reponses.

i have yet to try more alfas but i will not rule them out yet.
    octavia is a choice but as my wife will be driving it day today
    i think it might have the wrong exterior for her taste.
    the rear wheel drive is a good point i had not thought about
    and its is fearly obvious.

please post further replys on "which 147"

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement