Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Learning the Trumpet..

• 23-07-2006 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hi all.

Just a quick question.. THinking of taking up the trumpet but dont really have any theoretical background. Is that totally necessary to be able to learn the trumpet or is it an "easy" instrument to Learn..

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

It's really not an easy instrument to learn. In the past I taught myself guitar, fiddle, a good few wind instruments and some percussion. With the trumpet I went for lessons. I only took ten but that was enough to give me a solid grounding to work from. They'll teach you how to breathe, posture so you don't do yourself damage, how to hit certain notes, make certain tones.

Saying that some of the greatest trumpeters in history we're self taught but i'd say at least give the lessons a try, what you'll learn can only benefit you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mdreeling

Does anyone know of anybody giving lessons in waterford city? just bought a trumpet today!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You could always try the "self teach" way with an instructional book & DVD combo like this > http://www.musicridge.com/trumpet.htm

It's not as easy as it looks - a trumpet may only have 3 valves but the trick is in how you breath and control your lips to get more notes. But once you get the hang of it you'll fly along.

I hope your neighbours are safe distance away!!!!

Best of luck - and keep at it..........

Advertisement