Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arsenal Vs. Ajax

Options
  • 22-07-2006 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

There seems to be a bit of controversy surrounding the betting on this friendly match on Betfair. The match might be voided. Even the score on tv was wrong :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

Saw very little of the game, except for Davids being hacked down as he was about to put Ajax 2-1 up. I then watched as De Boer sent the penalty kick high and wide in a rather deliberate fashion and subsequently have a little chuckle to himself. I believe that anyone who dared place a bet on this game rightly deserves to get his fingers burnt. Is there not enough competitive football throughout the year for these people? Crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Yeah you wouldn't want to be counting on keeping your money on a game you know nothing about. Betfair won't make a decision on this til Monday at the earliest. The main problem seems to be that the match ended at 80 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i am amaed they even offered this game to bet on, crazy. Did they allow you to bet on Alan shearers testimonial?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I think it's only fair that they void all bets, like they did for the Milan - Inter Champions League game last year. And it would be only fair for them to reconsider offering these games in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Anybody stupid enough to bet on this match deserves to lose their money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Just to update the bets were made void.

Advertisement