Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

approx value of laptop?

Options
  • 22-07-2006 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

A friend has agreed that I can buy his laptop off him, for my sister who is starting college. I am hoping to get an idea what its worth before I offer him any money.

Make: Dell Inspiron 1300 Celeron M Processor 1.4
    15.4 Inch WXGA1280x800 Lcd
    60 GB Hard Drive
    1 GB Memory
    WIFI
    DvD+/- RW Drive

Looks brand new - he hardly used it much.
    Its just 6 months old - as far as I can tell he got it as a gift in January.

I was thinking of offering him mabey 500 euros but I am hoping to see what everyone else thinks.

Mods sorry if this is posted in wrong section feel free to move

tks guys

Neonitrix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wouldn't say 500. I'd go with 400, the basic 1300 model from dell costs in and around that new, but to be fair they don't all come with wifi or 60gb HD's so I'd say all in all 400-ish is fair enough.

Check out dell.ie for their current prices, dunno what sort of offers if any they're running now, if you change the warranty on a basic dell 1300 from 1 year to 90 days you might get a cheap one.

Just checked there. Inspiron 1300 new from dell.ie with 90 day warranty: 1.6Ghz Celeron M, 256mb Ram, 40gb Hard Drive: 479 in total.

adding another 256ram by yourself and a wifi adaptor: about 60 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

€500 seems fair enough for whats in it,check the service tag to make sure its not a 90 day warranty jobbie a I strongly warrant against buying any dells without warranty if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Quick question on the warrenty issue:

Consumer law here obliges a company to provide 12 months warrenty on new goods they sell, how does Dell manage to side step this with their 90 day jobbie?

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Thats an interesting question.....one i dont know the answer too..

Advertisement