Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

art evening classes in dublin

Options
  • 21-07-2006 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

hi folks
    Having completed a couple of NCAD evening courses in painting Im looking for something new, a bit tired of painting and drawing the same room. Anyone have any other night classes in art they'd recommend?
    many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

in this fine weather i would recommend going outside, doing sketches of somewhere nice like Iveagh gardens http://www.heritageireland.ie/en/ParksandGardens/DublinArea/TheIveaghGardensDublin/ with charcoal/ different mediums...go at lunch hour if you want to draw people, otherwise there's architecture and plenty of floura and fauna to sketch.

otherwise try daycourses or nightcourses.com and see what's available in terms of more formal courses (and yes i did actually read your post but a change in scenery/ environment can do wonders for your imagination/ artwork :)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 johnjadams

HI my name is JOhn and I teach art privately.Let me know what type of help do you need , what are your goals,ets .Those questions will better direct you to the type of classes you need.
    Alll the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Kivun Sotilas

Perhaps I can jump in here and also ask for advice on classes. I would like to learn how to paint. I can draw with pencil and charcol or ink but I have no painting abilities and would like to learn. I live in Swords so any classes as close to there as possible would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shazel

The Trinity Arts Society do excellent life drawing at Pearse Street, including instruction, and you don't have to be a trinity student to go. They are on in the evenings (used to be saturday mornings...maybe it's changed). contact visarts@csc.tcd.ie they run painting weekends too. g'luck

try doing a search on this forum (or on google if it's still disabled) as this thread came up a few times before :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Karine

Hey "johnjadams" you give art classes? can you be a little mor specific please? I'm new in this city and I used to paint in my country and now I am looking for courses... waiting for your reply

Karine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Karine

I absolutly need an art class and can't find it... thanks for helping me

id say you might be waiting a while as that last post is 2 years old..

pming all the way..

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Conor Brennan

Hi John,

Just saw a thread on boards and your reply to someone else about art classes. I'm 29, living in maynooth and looking into starting doing some painting - havent done any art work really since school (1998) but I am a musician and feel I am quite creative so looking to indulge in some art / painting classes - I'm looking to do one evening every fortnight maybe or if its convenient regarding location / cost maybe more often

I'd appreciate if you could let me know how much you charge for a session, how long they last, what evenings (if you do evenings) you might be able to do a class and any additional information on your own background, work , style would be great - I'm open to trying working with different mediums, styles of painting, drawing etc but not sure I'm interested in fine art / drawing models, bowls of fruit -

Anyway, let me know if you're interested...

Conor

johnjadams wrote: »
    HI my name is JOhn and I teach art privately.Let me know what type of help do you need , what are your goals,ets .Those questions will better direct you to the type of classes you need.
    Alll the best

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

just to save u save u some time,bud,

private lessons will cost around 30 euros per hour and u will get the same benefit from a VEC nightcourse.cost of E10 for 2 hours.
    Plus nightcourse with lotsa people wont be so intense and weird and you can see lotsa peoples artwork.

Or if you want a different kinda night art ,buy some spraycans.

• Advertisement
Advertisement