Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell XPS 12 inch

Options
  • 21-07-2006 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Anyone on here bought one of those new 12.1 inch dell xps??

I was just wondering how they are in terms of battery life,how hot they get after prolonged use etc. since you can spec them fairly heavily for such a small lappy.

Was lookin at 2gig ram with 1.83 core duo and came in under 2000 which I think is brilliant for such a small laptop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Depends on what your using the laptop for.I bought a D410 for work off ebay which is a 12" laptop and its portablility is great,but then again I do like the games so I have an XPS M170 for the gaming along with my custom built House rig which I use the most.Ask yourself will you get €2000 worth of gaming out of it if thats what your buying it for?You could get a beast of an M1710 for that price range and its the biz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bazcaz

Ya but i dont want a beast of a thing , id like some decent power in a small package and that seems to be acheivable with this lappy the only thing is I reckon with this spec the battery must not be great

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fig_roll

None of the XPS laptops manage 2 hours of battery life, especially when gaming, my M1710 manages a measly hour and a half idling and JUST 45mins whilst gaming, its ridiculous. Plus the heat under the laptop is crazy hot, i actually have a patch on my desk where the varnish has been burnt away from the laptop. To be honest i'd say the 12" XPS would be worse as the battery will be smaller and there will be less room for heat dissapation

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TBH, I'd rather go for a 13.3" Macbook w/2Ghz CoreDuo, then buy your own RAM & an OEM copy of WinXP if needed.
    Unless you really really need the 7400TC...

Advertisement