Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVG Update Error

Options
  • 21-07-2006 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a strange error with AVG. The systray icon is greyed out & it's telling me the Internal Virus Database is out of date, yet when I check it's been updated today. If I click Update it tells me there's no new update file available. I've never seen this error before, picture attached.

Anyone else getting this error.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I had something not far off that where AVG just refused to update for me anymore. You could try downloading the update file manually and I think there are instructions on the site about how to install it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Thanks Ruu I thought it might affect a lot of people, it's probably just me. I'll check out the AVG support forums & FAQs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Seeing as it thinks today is 31 days ago, have you checked the date on your PC clock?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Thanks Testicle, that was it; problem solved. :)

Advertisement