Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryder Cup tickets trfr/Security

Options
  • 21-07-2006 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

My dad has a ticket but does not want to go on the Sunday. Does anyone know if I can use them as the main ryder cup website says the tickets non transferable? How are the ebayers and touts, etc going to get away with it if the security is so tight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I got mine through the lottery system and had to pass our passport numbers on application and the terms said that they would be checked on entry. Obviously wont know for sure until we go.

However, like the world cup, a lot of tickets will be corporate without names on them and these can be used by anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

my cousin booked tickets for the two of us, but we thought i would be intreatment so he put his wifes name on mine just in case, can i go on that second ticket, his wife can't go anyway just will have just had a kid, but my cousin is going so as long as he booked the tickets and he's there can i get in?

btw i think (could be wrong) that you have to use the day your issued, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

Begs wrote:
    My dad has a ticket but does not want to go on the Sunday. Does anyone know if I can use them as the main ryder cup website says the tickets non transferable? How are the ebayers and touts, etc going to get away with it if the security is so tight?
    I doubt that they will check every ticket, I'd say it will be a random check, so you could chance it.
    Or maybe bring your passport along as well as your Dads and explain the situation if you are asked for ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭denachoman

I doubt that they will check every ticket, I'd say it will be a random check, so you could chance it.
    Or maybe bring your passport along as well as your Dads and explain the situation if you are asked for ID?

I was at the Ryder Cup in the Belfry in 2002. It was the same craic back then for applying for tickets (Passport numbers reqd) and there was no check at the course. There were also no names on the tickets. I'd be very surprised if it isn't exactly the same this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭imalegend

yea i was at the belfry 2..id saw transfer of tickets is no problem..they will be more interested in security and hopefully they devise a bus system like they had in the belfry.i can see no cars being allowed withing a 3 mile raduis of the course bar residents..It worked well in the belfry and was secure so hopefully the irish govt advise on a system like this or else there will be madness!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement