Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures from Beirut

Options
  • 21-07-2006 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Just received this on email

Looks genuine,although I hope against hope that its not real.

Some pretty disturbing images here. I recommend you take a deep breath before looking.

WARNING:

WILL UPSET YOU. HUMAN SUFFERING.

Sorry if its been posted already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

man, that makes me so F**KING angry, WTF ! I feel let down by the EU for not doing more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Ra1ph

This has to stop. These children desevere more, the Lebanese people deserve more, my blood boils... I just don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

Israel are blowing the lebanon people up for the hisbolah (spelling?) actions, thats like the brits blowing Ireland up over the IRA, the strikes clearly are random and the UN are doing F**k all about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Archeron

I see this and I feel so f*cking useless. Why is the world not reacting to this and stopping slaughter of innocent people?????????

Edit. does anyone have any suggestions on how we can pressure the Irish government to get off the fence and speak out against this??

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

Just sent a link to Sean O Neachtain irish MEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Sadly most people do not really care as it does not affect them directly!

So long as the United States do not openly comdemn the Israelis and others will claim that they are defending their land (stolen property)!

Bush throws the accusations at Hezbollah so that's OK. We live in a sick world.

Your thread will die a quick death as it is not posted in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Heinrich wrote:

Bush throws the accusations at Hezbollah so that's OK. We live in a sick world.

Your thread will die a quick death as it is not posted in AH.

He throws accusations at everyone to justify his actions. It might be a good idea to move this to AH to get more coverage.

simonp1 wrote:
    Just sent a link to Sean O Neachtain irish MEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one Simon. email just sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

i dont know if thats allowed, although id hope in this case that the AH guy would make an exception in the interests of common sense.

Awful pictures, have emailed link to Tom Kitt ,Olivia Mitchell, Liz O Donnell, Seamus Brennan and Eamon Ryan my local TDs.

Seems like nothing they can do though unfortunately, I mean if the UN couldnt stop this from happening what can

InFront wrote:
    i dont know if thats allowed, although id hope in this case that the AH guy would make an exception in the interests of common sense.

Awful pictures, have emailed link to Tom Kitt ,Olivia Mitchell, Liz O Donnell, Seamus Brennan and Eamon Ryan my local TDs.

Seems like nothing they can do though unfortunately, I mean if the UN couldnt stop this from happening what can

thats sadly true, but the deafening silence is so flipping painful. I can imagine those people being bombed looking at the world and wondering why we're all just whistling our little tune and looking the other way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Archeron wrote:
    thats sadly true, but the deafening silence is so flipping painful. I can imagine those people being bombed looking at the world and wondering why we're all just whistling our little tune and looking the other way.

Do not expect that our gutless Taoiseach would have anything to say about the US or any US sponsored terrroist founded nations. How could he bring the annual bowl of grá mo chroí shamrock to the White House.

The government we have are not capable of dealing with domestic problems and have an ever flowing source of lies and grey truth to fool the population. How could they have a stance in the horrors of the world. Leave that to Geldof, Bono and Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Shame on the world :( Goddamn it, the likes of George Bush could stop all this with a single sentance yet they're doing absolutely nothing. The UN is failing to curb this conflict in the same way the league of nations failed to stop WWII. Its very tragic and so ominous, this is bad but it could turn into something so much worse.

Edit: Here is an article by the eminent Robert Fisk, based in Beiruit: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article14000.htm

Good link cornbb. Sad that the death toll is now near 350. I hate to use such mundane words as sad, but what else can we say? Its clear now that terrorism is just a state of mind as opposed to a way of acting.

Damn this western world and its spinless self serving policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Guys for future reference. If you are giving a link that is liable to be hit to death you should append the following to it..

.nyud.net:8080

eg.

http://fromisraeltolebanon.info.nyud.net:8080/

This will cache the website into Coral so you can view it without getting timeouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

That is sick. Take a look at this, even more sickening http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=13453

Israelis girls writing messages on the shells saying from "Israel with love" that later hit the Lebannese children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

Squaddy wrote:
    That is sick. Take a look at this, even more sickening http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=13453

Israelis girls writing messages on the shells saying from "Israel with love" that later hit the Lebannese children.

Oh wait sorry, didnt realise that that site already had a pic of that.

It is sickening though, here comes another generation of hatred. Possible worse than the current one :(

I believe there is to be a protest outside the Isreali embassy today (july 25th) over the destruction of Lebanon.

I cant go meself, but more power to them. I hope there is a good turnout and I hope the powers that be listen. (even though we all know they wont).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

i aint racist but i think its the hight of hipocricy (sorry about the spelling) the jews slaughtering man woman and child bearly 61 after ww2 its come half way round and it will come full circle on the jews

You've gotta feel a bit sorry for the Israelis. They've been hated by everyone around them since the state was created. They're a bit like cornered rats. Cornered rats with very pointy teeth though.

No excuse for this slaughter though. Are they targeting the UN deliberately now? Thats not on at all...

• Advertisement

cornbb wrote:
    You've gotta feel a bit sorry for the Israelis. They've been hated by everyone around them since the state was created. They're a bit like cornered rats. Cornered rats with very pointy teeth though.

No excuse for this slaughter though. Are they targeting the UN deliberately now? Thats not on at all...
    the irish had a close one

Yep. Apparently it was the irish guy that kept contacting the israeli army and tell them they were about to hit the UN. At least the taoiseach finally had the balls to berate the israeli ambassador and condemn the excessive force. Not that they'll listen to the irish taoiseach, but its good to know that your country is adding to the international wave of official protests...

cornbb wrote:
    Yep. Apparently it was the irish guy that kept contacting the israeli army and tell them they were about to hit the UN. At least the taoiseach finally had the balls to berate the israeli ambassador and condemn the excessive force. Not that they'll listen to the irish taoiseach, but its good to know that your country is adding to the international wave of official protests...
    no iwas on about the troops the were in that op 36 hours earlier

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement