Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose Club Head

Options
  • 20-07-2006 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

i bought a driver last thursday week its a cobra 460 9 degree fspeed
    and while at the driveing range yesterday i noticed the shaft of the club
    was after working loose i brought it back to the shop to day hopeing for
    a replacement but no way would they do that, instead they would send it
    back to the factory to be reglued,and told me it would be at least 2 to 3
    weeks befour i would get it back or they would glue it back with no
    garentee o by the way the shop is in cork city so be carefull with whome
    you buy from

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Even after the club is returned to you repaired, you are still entitled to have the club in good condition and fit for its purpose for a reasonable amount of time. In this case, I'd say six months. Regardless of what they say about "No Guarantee", they are still obliged to ensure that the club is playable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Big Red Stick

That's disgraceful. I remember from a previous existence that goods must be of merchantable quality, fit for purpose - Sale of Goods Act (or something like it). Clearly the club wasn't. They should automatically replace it.
    What shop? Name and shame. Straight purchase or trade in? I buy in Golf Works and McGuirks in Dublin, never any issues like that. Just returned a broken trolley, they gave me a loaner while a replacement is brought in, no arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's disgraceful. I remember from a previous existence that goods must be of merchantable quality, fit for purpose - Sale of Goods Act (or something like it). Clearly the club wasn't. They should automatically replace it.
    They are not obliged to replace the club. They have the option to refund, repair or replace.

Advertisement