Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving lessons, Clondalkin

Options
  • 20-07-2006 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to take some driving lessons, I was wondering if anyone knows any driving schools/instructors in the Clondalkin area?

btw, are there any websites with the correct instructions/procedures on how to change gears, stop, take off, overtake etc....

I can drive now, but not sure if I'm doing it correctly(I mean professional license test correctly), for example when I'm stopping, I push the brake pedal, dropping to the 2nd gear, then clutch-brake for a full stop, hand brake up, gear into the neutral, let the pedals go. And if I'm the first in line, then I put the car into the first gear with hand brake and foot on the clutch....... is this correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

CyberGhost wrote:
    Hi,

I want to take some driving lessons, I was wondering if anyone knows any driving schools/instructors in the Clondalkin area?

btw, are there any websites with the correct instructions/procedures on how to change gears, stop, take off, overtake etc....

I can drive now, but not sure if I'm doing it correctly(I mean professional license test correctly), for example when I'm stopping, I push the brake pedal, dropping to the 2nd gear, then clutch-brake for a full stop, hand brake up, gear into the neutral, let the pedals go. And if I'm the first in line, then I put the car into the first gear with hand brake and foot on the clutch....... is this correct?

Without giving your address, roughly were are you, pm me if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Hi Longrangedriver, sorry for the late reply,

I'm in Clondalkin Village near the Laurel's gas station in that area.

Will need the lessons next month probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

CyberGhost wrote:
    Hi Longrangedriver, sorry for the late reply,

I'm in Clondalkin Village near the Laurel's gas station in that area.

Will need the lessons next month probably.

I've PMed you with details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thank You! :)

Advertisement