Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a used focus?

Options
  • 20-07-2006 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a used ford focus. I was just wondering was there anything specific to look out for aside from the usual things? Its a 1.6 ghia with 80k miles.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

what year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

sneakyST wrote:
    what year?

Sorry, its a 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭maidhc

Wheel bearings tend not to last too long, so listen for rumbling noises.
    The timing belt should be done around 80k, Ford recommend 100k in the handbook, but the main dealers suggest 80.
    The silver trim on the boot of the Ghia invites rust, so look carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

what maidhc said. Plus check the electrics they can sometimes give problems. Keep your eye on the speedo when driving and make sure it doesnt flinch up and down when driving at steady speed. keep your eye out for the engine management light which may indicate a faulty knock sensor

Advertisement