Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games Tonight

Options
  • 20-07-2006 11:18am
    Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭

I haven't played in a few days and will probably head to the Fitz 150 tonight. Anyone else going or are ye all playing in the Emporium or in the back yard getting the last of the summer sun?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

There are at least 6 more weeks of summer Dom - don't be such a pessimist! We usually get our best and warmest weather during August anyhow.

Don't think I can play tonight but if I do, it'll be the SE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

I'll play the SE as I don't want to be out too late tonight.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

ionapaul wrote:
    There are at least 6 more weeks of summer Dom - don't be such a pessimist! We usually get our best and warmest weather during August anyhow.

Don't think I can play tonight but if I do, it'll be the SE

Paul you have a chance tonight as I'm not going to attend, so the coast is clear for yourself and Halfbaked to take this down! :p GL

I'm playing my professions society game in the SE tomorrow night at 7 instead which should be very funny and hopefully I can overcome what I hope will mainly be fish in a barrell!!

You jambag!

Did you take it down last nite?

ionapaul wrote:
    You jambag!

Did you take it down last nite?

I had 120k of the 180k in chips in play 6 handed, even I can steer the ship home from there!! ;) So yes I took it down.

Some might call it jamminess Paul but I'd respond by saying that I was due a little bit of decent variance. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ollyk1 wrote:
    I'm playing my professions society game in the SE tomorrow night at 7 instead which should be very funny and hopefully I can overcome what I hope will mainly be fish in a barrell!!

I take it its the E15 rebuy!?. Fun is one way of describing it!. Its on the precipice of fun and wanting to wring some guys neck but seeing as you'll be with others it should be fun!. I came 5th last week. Some interesting play on view!

GL

Edit: Just seen the above. Well done!.

I take it its the E15 rebuy!?. Fun is one way of describing it!. Its on the precipice of fun and wanting to wring some guys neck but seeing as you'll be with others it should be fun!. I came 5th last week. Some interesting play on view!

GL

Edit: Just seen the above. Well done!.

No rounders its a seperate private tournie restricted to members of the society (and max 60 players) starting at 7pm. €50 buyin plus one rebuy or top-up. Basically a Wednesday night format so I'm hoping for some more of the same as last night lol

If I get knocked out early I may try some scalps action.

Thanks for the congrats.

Well done Olly.

Though you are, and always will remain, a jambag of the highest ranking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

ollyk1 wrote:
    Paul you have a chance tonight as I'm not going to attend, so the coast is clear for yourself and Halfbaked to take this down! :p GL

Olly you are indeed a gentleman and a scholar.

It's most kind of you to step aside and allow Paul and myself a such an opportunity. Hopefully we can grasp this chance with both hands and do you proud. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VEGAS NIGHTS

5starpool wrote:
    I haven't played in a few days and will probably head to the Fitz 150 tonight. Anyone else going or are ye all playing in the Emporium or in the back yard getting the last of the summer sun?

SE for me tonight. Hope to break the four-week spell of no FTs tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

So does that mean that everyone is gonna be in the SE tonight and that i'll only have to beat about 15 players in the Fitz to take home a grand tonight??? If only it was that easy..........

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jayroyal

wheres the SE

jayroyal wrote:
    wheres the SE

SE, is the Sporting Emporium on St Annes Lane, just off Grafton Street. The lane is just off St Anne Street, opposite Eddie Rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Can anyone reccommend a good online game tonight starting after 11?

I'm off work at 10.30 and eager for playing a nice tourney.

Cheers lads.

ollyk1 wrote:

Fair play Olly, managed to take this down thanks to you giving others a chance:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

What seat were u in for the majority tonight?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

fair to you HB...thought it was yours looking at the rest of the field.

i managed to bubble but had i won that 3 way all in with AKs.....gah wishful thinking.

even though i bubbled i left the place happy with my play. introduced more bluffing and less checking into my game.

HalfBaked wrote:
    Fair play Olly, managed to take this down thanks to you giving others a chance:D

You are welcome sir!! ;) Fair play Peter that's some serious consistency you are showing in these tournies.

Washout wrote:
    fair to you HB...thought it was yours looking at the rest of the field.

i managed to bubble but had i won that 3 way all in with AKs.....gah wishful thinking.

even though i bubbled i left the place happy with my play. introduced more bluffing and less checking into my game.

Embrace the bubble Washout that's the way to go. I love it! :) Nice to see you are opening your game up a bit.

What seat were u in for the majority tonight?!

I at table 2 seat 2 until the final table.

• Advertisement

ollyk1 wrote:
    You are welcome sir!! ;) Fair play Peter that's some serious consistency you are showing in these tournies.

Thanks Olly, happy with how I played last night. Decided I'd had enough fannying about in the thursday tourney / crapshoot and that I was going to get chips early, or head over to the cash tables. Winning the coin tosses in this tourney is particularly important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

Good stuff on the win, you had a decent stack when I busted out 1 off the bubble. Best PK pair I had all night was 99 (*2) Good nights entertainment at our table though. The PK 22 v PK AA was a hand and a half.

Well done HB! Sad to see that the SE, where a few months ago only the classiest of players won tournaments, now is happy to see the likes of yourself and Olly walk away with the gold and glory. Next thing they'll start letting Corkmen or such win, oh the humanity!

ligger wrote:
    Good stuff on the win, you had a decent stack when I busted out 1 off the bubble. Best PK pair I had all night was 99 (*2) Good nights entertainment at our table though. The PK 22 v PK AA was a hand and a half.

Thanks Ligger, which seat were you in (seat 4)? Were you at my table from the start?

That hand was very funny, what a roller coaster. For the benefit of others AcAd v 2s2h, all in pre flop. Flop comes down 2c 3s 4s , turn is a 5s and river is an As making a straight flush for the 2 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VEGAS NIGHTS

Well done HB. Great cosistency in SE tournies. I won the first two hands pre- river for small pots. After that I didn't win a single hand. Managed to survive till 10mins after break. Played a cash game and again won firstt two hands. Sat there for another four hours and didn't wn a single hand.

I'll have to wait till next week to try and break this slump.

Anyway enough moaning........well played and congrats

ionapaul wrote:
    Well done HB! Sad to see that the SE, where a few months ago only the classiest of players won tournaments, now is happy to see the likes of yourself and Olly walk away with the gold and glory. Next thing they'll start letting Corkmen or such win, oh the humanity!

I dunno about Thursday nights Paul but with the incredible value structure on Wednesday nights the cream is finally rising to the top!! :p:p

P.S. I did a report on Wednesday and I'm going to make it my last blog entry for a long while as blogs are proving serious -ev as I explained to you the other night Paul.

ionapaul wrote:

im a corkman....Im due soooon

J

ionapaul wrote:

Thanks Paul.

I told you to get in on the Chiefs private coaching like myself and Olly, but oh no, you were having none of it. Myself and Olly are now reaping the rewards ;)

Well done HB. Great cosistency in SE tournies. I won the first two hands pre- river for small pots. After that I didn't win a single hand. Managed to survive till 10mins after break. Played a cash game and again won firstt two hands. Sat there for another four hours and didn't wn a single hand.

I'll have to wait till next week to try and break this slump.

Anyway enough moaning........well played and congrats

Thanks Nick. You've been a little unlucky for the last few weeks, but your to good for that to continue. :)

• Advertisement

speaking of the chief i never ever saw him play so tight.

he was visable getting frustrated too everytime he was being raised....he was check raaised once and you could visably see the distraught in his face.

Advertisement