Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exhaust repair

Options
  • 20-07-2006 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi, I bought my car a couple of months ago and recently had it serviced. The mechanic said I needed the exhaust repaired because theres a part on it which was welded and now its rotting. Ive gone to a couple of garages and been told that my sports box will have to be removed and replaced with a new exhaust which will be quite! The problem with that is Ive gotten used to the sports box and like having it.:o Anyway just wondering if anyone knows a place where they put on new sports boxes or just repairs them for a decent price.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

LIES!

It cost me €40 for a 2nd hand exhaust for my civic it had gotten water inside and corroded it (I had a cool side shooter for a while).

Anyway I just cut the back box off and brought it to Advance pitstop on the Naas Road. Had it done in an hour and it cost €30. This is about 8 months ago.

Also I did it again reversed a little too close to the wall and broke it off so i'll be down there Saturday week if you want pricing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

I was actually at advance yesturday and the guy said hed have to replace the whole thing, my sports box is grand its just the pipe that its attached to is rotten. I wanted to just replace the pipe and keep my box! Also I was told it would cost 180E for the new exhaust! :mad:
    Im thinking of going to Motor INC in Blanchardstown anyone know if its any good??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I went to Advanced pitstop yesturday to get my exaust fixed after I clipped it on a broken speed bump. They reaplced the backbox for €110 all in. So I was quite happy with this. (I had broken the backbox from the pipe

Advertisement