Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1974 import

Options
  • 19-07-2006 11:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Would duty / vrt not be required on a car that was imported to Ireland in the mid-seventies? Can you run it on the existing plate?

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Would duty / vrt not be required on a car that was imported to Ireland in the mid-seventies? Can you run it on the existing plate?

adam

I think you need to provide a little more information Ken. If it was imported in the 1970s, I presume it was re registered and replated. If not it would have a 'foreign' plate and should legally be registered.

Do you mean if it was registered now, would it be subject to VRT?

(More suited to Classics Forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tyney

there was no vrt back then ..was there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The vendor says that it's "not on ZV plate,brought in from Germany by original Irish owner". The plate doesn't look Irish, but that doesn't mean it isn't. (I don't want to post it, it wouldn't be fair to the owner.)

adam

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If it's a 1974 car €50 will get it on a ZV plate regardless.

Advertisement