Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sysinternals surrenders to Microsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

maybe some of the cool utilities that Mark & Bryce have written over the years will be integrated into M$ windows.

Or butchered :(

Lets hope for the best and expect the worst!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i think this will be bad news tbh, would be good if m$ integrated some of the tools actually into the OS though, be a big improvement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Will the software on the site still remain Freeware and available to download?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Some funny comments on that page tbh... like the person who said MS will probably turn process explorer into a 35MB app :D
    Oh well, another one bites the dust.

• Advertisement

Some funny comments on that page tbh... like the person who said MS will probably turn process explorer into a 35MB app :D
    Oh well, another one bites the dust.
    The sad thing is, it's probably true. Just look at the newer versions of microsoft office. Not a thought is given to the efficiency of the programs because the attitude is that systems have huge resources, and the programmers are just lazy. There has been no significant performance increase between the current edition of office and any of the older versions, just increased functionality, this despite processor power more than doubling every 18 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

The sad thing is, it's probably true.
    Yup... I'm a big fan of "it's funny caus it's true"... as long as they add clippit to TCPview then I'll be happy.

Actually.... :D

Yup... I'm a big fan of "it's funny caus it's true"... as long as they add clippit to TCPview then I'll be happy.

Actually.... :D
    ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Guess that means that th ps-exec eula is fooked for good now. Be warned that the EULAS for some of the freeware has changed since the sale:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Ugh, why didnt those two just open-source their programmes under a BSD licence (well, PS-Tools at the very least).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Ugh, why didnt those two just open-source their programmes under a BSD licence (well, PS-Tools at the very least).

Money?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

Will the software on the site still remain Freeware and available to download?

Still available at the moment, but i've download them all before microsoft absorbs them :(

I suggest everyone does the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

NutJob wrote:
    Money?
    Am, the programmes were freeware, just closed source. They were hardly making money off them, I mean, I didnt have to pay to download PS-Tools, but know that MS owns them, its too late, if they had BSD'd them then at the very least I would know how they work, and MS couldnt stop me from getting the source code, now it wont happen. *sighs*

Advertisement