Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSOP cash - what to do? (again)

Options
  • 19-07-2006 7:38pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭

O.k. I'm mainly to blame but we still haven't organised anything to disperse this €800. Seeing as I am heading for Vegas friday morning I was wondering if anybody would be interested in the idea of plonking it all on red or something. This is just an idea and we needn't do it but I would be keen to, for example, slip €300 off the top for onepercentpledge and then put €500 on some kind of bet. If it wins then we play a tourney next month for it, if it loses so be it. Or some other gambling method available in the desert.
    It would of course require the backing of most if not all who took part in the bsop, would require a witness to make sure I don't report back that we lost (wink, wink) etc. Either way I'll be there for 3 weeks and if we come to a decision before I return we can do it. Otherwise I will deffinately sort a tourney out when I get back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

How about staking the whole lot on a PP player making the money, if it wins we hold a nite out on the beer and give some away to 1percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Im up for whatever is decided, but betting on a boardie would definitely be interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

1) all those who played the BSOP are part of a team to VegasNights team event, the rest going to 1PP.

2) Boards.ie Invitational €50 Freezeout (maybe make it Omaha, or ROE, or HORSE or something not everyone has played) as a side event at the GJP Poker Festival. People who played the BSOP get free - or reduced - entry.

3) Use the 800 to buy 8% of a player with whatever winnings being divided amongst those who played.

4) musician keeps it all, because im pretty sure if its not claimed within 3 years legally it becomes his! :p

5) 50% on red 50% on black and cry when it hits green!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

give it to me, ill use it as one buyin for the 2/5 NL game in the bellagio. 10% of all winnings goes back to the BSOP fund, rest goes to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

give it to me, ill use it as one buyin for the 2/5 NL game in the bellagio. 10% of all winnings goes back to the BSOP fund, rest goes to me.

'A' for effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm in favour of giving it all to charity.

Edit: I quickly realised that anyone who suggests different will now look like a stingepants, so I withdraw that suggestion. I'm on for a tourney and beer but more beer than tourney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

I'm in favour of giving it all to charity.

Edit: I quickly realised that anyone who suggests different will now look like a stingepants, so I withdraw that suggestion. I'm on for a tourney and beer but more beer than tourney.

ooh i have an idea!!
    20 euro entry boards invitational beer-scalp game. limited to 80 players!

When you get knocked out you get to KEEP your own scalp and go to the bar and buy 2 beers with your 10 scalp! Or limited to 40 players, throw VegasNights 100 to run it in a pub to allow for the beer drinking, and 300 to 1PP! its a cheap 20e tourney and when you get knocked out, you get free beer!! its the perfect solution... I DEFY ANYONE TO COME UP WITH A BETTER PLAN!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

i believe its 8/11 for a PPP qualifier to cash. (i fully expect to cash myself, and i expect the likes of Mr PT to go close too, + u got Ollie and plenty of other decent players in this also).
    I think this is a cracking bet, and will give everyone involved several players to support in the WSOP.
    That would give us about €1400 to play for in a tourney when we get back, which would be decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I'll go with whatever the general concensus is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Waylander wrote:
    I'll go with whatever the general concensus is

Ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Advertisement