Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XPS/Voodoo/Alienware minis

Options
  • 19-07-2006 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Ok here goes. I already have a top end desktop pc (fx-57, 7800gtx, x-fi, yada yada etc).
    I like gaming. I travel a hell of a lot. Each week i would spend 3 nights away from home usually. Im living in Asia. Ill be ordering the pc to Ireland.

Ive done some research. I would PREFER something really quite small (i like 12.1" screens) . Enough for basic gaming (eg perhaps the go 7400 graphics card). I would like a 7200rpm HD, 2 GB ram, a webcam etc. When it is no longer able to play the likes of World of Warcraft in future, I would like it to run vista, and continue to be my email/skype/solitaire buddy.
    Essentially I want power AND portability. Not really willing to sacrifice on either. Also I would like the laptop to LOOK original. A paintscheme or whatever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

eh.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

What suits me so far is the dell xps m1210 in terms of spec. Only its ugly as hell. I was kinda considering a custom paintjob. But it would take forever. The US website offers a much higher spec than the EU one. And I live in Asia.
    Alienwares nearest model only has standard on-board video.
    Voodoopc's model is 14" and overpriced.

Any suggestions, or rumours heard on forthcoming models would be appreciated.

Bug with my internet connection. I have to post small. Then edit. Pain in the ass. I think its an attempt at censorship here. They dont want bloggers or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

You could go for the M1210 from Dell or the Senita M20 from Alienware (Something like that) both 12" screens.I was particularly interested in the M1210 but the price tag put me off,was looking for reasonable 12" for work (got dell D410 off ebay) Just checked the alienware website and appears the 12" snetia no longer for sale which is kinda crap.I would go for the M1210 as it appears to be the best opttion so far but theres a few other branded 12" laptops comming out (keep an eye on www.techeblog.com or engadget.com)
    As for uniqueness its all tied into how much you want to spend,Voodoo do do (?) some nice laptops etc with custom options but the bling bling price tag is part of it too....

Yeah the Voodoo pc's and the alienwares are nice. I'd like to get one of those. However. Any 12" models I've seen seem to lack any graphics card, 7200rpm Hd etc.
    Except the dell one. Its by far the best choice. Its just ugly as hell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement