Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gatso Up North?

Options
  • 19-07-2006 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi lads. Whats the story with Gatsos up north. Anytime i see one even in dublin i **** myself to think ill get a ticket. so are the ones up north the same tickets sent down etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

No two different laws for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

so there just binned like thats mad. eezes the mind though nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ibanezjem

Feel free to abuse as the northies do down here.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't ever recall seeing a gatso on my travels to and in Belfast. The police do have a higher visibility though and I recall seeing more manned speed checks along the A1 (Newry to Lisburn).
    I have also seen motor tax vans along the A1 - rear doors wide open taking pics of the rear of passing cars. Had Road tax or something written on the side. But again these don't affect RoI registered cars.
    Incidentally a lot of RoI drivers are unaware and believe they are speeding when they are not. The limit on dual carriageways (unless otherwise stated) is 70mph.

ye it was the van tax thing that i passed. mad thing it was.

• Advertisement

ye it was the van tax thing that i passed. mad thing it was.

Advertisement