Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good quality computer desk.

Options
  • 19-07-2006 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
    I'm looking to find somewhere that sells a decent range of computer desks. I'm looking for something good and chunky, good quality, looks decent and with lots of storage. Sadly, all I seem to be able to find are the (no offense) crappy type that they sell in the likes of Atlantic and Woodies, and I hate these things. Sneeze too hard and they fall apart
    Is getting a desk purpose built an option or would that just be ridiculously expensive?

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Our friends in the Woodcraft forum may be able to give you pointers about getting a desk made up.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=530

Let me know if you want to move the thread there :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

delly wrote:
    Our friends in the Woodcraft forum may be able to give you pointers about getting a desk made up.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=530

Let me know if you want to move the thread there :).

Thanks Delly, I didnt realize there was a woodcraft forum. I'd be grateful if you could move the thread.

Cheers!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Done and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Hey if you want I will make you a good solid desk! Solid timber construction if you want. PM me if you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Hi

I reckon you could easily get a desk custom made which represents better value for money than mass produced items. Having said that it's hard to compete with the likes of Argos on price, maybe €100 or so for the cheapest desks.

Even in the retail trade there will be very well made desks in some shops for higher prices, just a bit harder to find and not too much choice on exact size or colour.

I reckon a custom made desk is well possible, probably cost about €300 to €500 depending on design and exact layout and materials... Solid hardwood furniture is a step up in price in my opinion as the manufacturing process is quite wasteful and time consuming.

Cheers
    Joe

Pine furniture, Wicklow and Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Archeron did you have any luck with this since?

Advertisement