Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling quarters

Options
  • 19-07-2006 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

I fancy Galway to beat Killkenny. There are a number of reasons why.
    -Last year they beat Kk and usually do well against them.
    -Galway have fast forwards compared with the slow KK backs.
    -Galway are just as talented as KK and have a massive squad
    -KK are a little bit inexperianced this year
    -Cody is changing their style of play
    -and the main reason is KK has not been tested or played for a while

considering the odds on Galway (11/4) I'll have a bet

I think Waterford will beat Tipp
    -Way better forwards
    -Tipp rely on Eoin Kelly too much
    -Waterford will want revenge for their earlier defeat
    -Waterford's injured players are back since that defeat
    -Waterford could easily have won the 1st game playing bad only for the wides
    -Tipp have better backs but it's played in Croke park which will suit Waterford
    -Redser and Webster have been dropped from the Tipp panel

They should both be around 10/11 but I'm not sure. If I can get 4/6 or better for Waterford I'll back them because I strongly fancy them!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

GreenDoor wrote:
    I fancy Galway to beat Killkenny. There are a number of reasons why.
    -Last year they beat Kk and usually do well against them.
    -Galway have fast forwards compared with the slow KK backs.
    -Galway are just as talented as KK and have a massive squad
    -KK are a little bit inexperianced this year
    -Cody is changing their style of play
    -and the main reason is KK has not been tested or played for a while

considering the odds on Galway (11/4) I'll have a bet

might head down to this in thurles all going well..
    t'would be amazing to see galway pull off another performance like last years against kilkenney.. if they could repeat that kind of form, that 11/4 is looking very tempting..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I will definitely be having a bet on Galway at long odds. The championship semi final last year is the main reason. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭GreenDoor

I just heard Gearld McCarthy on tele and he fancies Galway to beat KK without even taking the odds into account.

to keep my interest..

galway to score the first point from a free/65 4/1
    galway to win by 1-3 points 5/1
    galway/galway 6/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭GreenDoor

Galway were a disgrace. The moment the keeper gifted KK the early goal the team fell apart and didn't start playing till 15min to go.

I must admit though KK were good. Even though they were allowed play they were looking sharp.

• Advertisement

galway were indeed a disgrace..
    man for man, i would still say that galway were a better side.. however, the tactics employed in the first half were diabolical and didn't do them any justice as they fell further and further behind a dominant kilkenny..

fortunately they got their act together midway through the 2nd half making some needed substitutes..
    from there, it actually made for a decent game of hurling as kilkenny slacked off and allowed galway to come back into the game playing a decent passing game..
    an exciting finish it was but kk were the worthy winners and should easily progress to the final were they will hopefully be meeting the reigning champions in a savage final..

Advertisement