Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

c d for beamer

Options
  • 18-07-2006 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

I just bought a bmw 316 se 01, im looking to get a cd player for it. Will I have to go with the 6 cd changer in the boot or can I change the tape deck up front which I would prefer, but I don’t want to spoil the look of the centre console cause it has a wood trim, what cost is this going to be either way, do I have to go to a dealer. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No cd player on a 2001 BMW? OMG:eek:

To answer your question:- Try having a look at Ebay, you may be able to pick up an original BMW in dash front loader cd player or disc changer there for a fraction of the price a stealer will charge you.

Did a quick search:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-CD-CHANGER-6-DISC-3-5-SERIES-E46-FITS-MINIS-X5S_W0QQitemZ260010190397QQihZ016QQcategoryZ3289QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Don't know if you can retro fit an aftermarket head unit to that 3 Series model though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭kdevitt

You can retrofit a headunit without any hassle, but I personally think they look out of place in the E46 cars.

A factory CD player will cost about eur240 I'd reckon - they never go too cheaply on eBay, but it is the best spot to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Cheap solution - get one of those CD to tape adapters like this one and use a portable discman / mp3 player. The sound obviously won't be brilliant, but I'd think it would be acceptable for most people. The existing head unit may have an AUX in which you can use and wire properly.

I'm thinking of doing that because the CD stack in my 3 series seems to skip when I cough, let alone going over a bump.

Advertisement