Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2004 Nissan Almera 5 Door hatchback - head unit help

Options
  • 18-07-2006 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering what would be the best way to install a head unit in an Almera. Thing is, the unit as it is controls both the radio/cd and heating controls. There is a dedicated space for a standard head unit.

If I get my head unit installed by a professional, would this mess up the controls for the factory radio/cd and heating? I presume the factory radio will be disconnected?

Also, what happens to my steering radio controls. Can I somehow use this with my head unit?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

i'm pretty sure you can get a fascia adaptor plate from any decent motor factors or accessory place. should allow you to keep your heating controls and have a nice standard din socket for a new headunit. as for steering wheel controls you need a headunit that'll allow you to connect them. can't be much help with this but i'd imagine it'll be a more expensive headunit that'll let you do it. when you order your face plate make sure to get a nissan to iso wiring adapter too. saves all the heartache of cutting wires.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,410 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

As far as I'm aware it can't be done. The N-form buttons need to be kept on the dash to work the fan and heating. Your best option is to expand the existing Nissan equipment with a CD changer.

Advertisement