Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Dean Bradfield - The Great Western

Options
  • 18-07-2006 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Out friday, I have heard a fair bit of it and I think its rather good. Being a big manics fan though I am propably a bit biased. The reviews it has been getting however have all been favorable that I have read. Its great news I think, listening to the B-sides off the single and I recomend people buying the 3track single for the bside I never Wanted Sunshine, it is quality! If you join the website ( www.jamesdeanbradfieldofficial.com ) you can listen to section of most of the tracks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I darent listen to this even though theres nothing nicer than a Bradders with a Les Paul.

and then theres the Wire next.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Very interested to hear some tracks. Miss the Manics so hopefully I won't be disappointed with this effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Heres a good James Dean Bradfield site www.jamesdeanbradfield.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

looking forward to seeing the reviews in the sunday papers this week. The daily mirror gave it 4 out of 5 this week. Shocking!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 niteflite01

It's an excellent album I think which came as a bit of a surprise to me considering Bradders' previous songwriting efforts (the woeful Ocean Spray et al).

A top album :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jiggingjauntis

I quite liked ocean spray. It had a nice "heart on my sleeve" earnestness to it.

The new isn't too bad at all. I spent most of my teenage years a huge manics fan but the string of terrible MOR albums made me lose interest.

Is JDB playing any Irish dates to support the album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

no, he did a mini tour before the album, and has recently announced a full tour for october that omits Ireland:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

An awful album. The Manics have been getting worse over time but this is worse again. Shame really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

not awful, alright

and Lifeblood was a fine album and the manics best album since Everything Must Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

fantastic album.

• Advertisement
Advertisement