Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sete in South of France

Options

Comments

Yo

Had a look at those two sites there for ya - Ive met the guy from the first a couple of years ago, and he seemed like a good guy who ran his business like a small family business.

But this 'buy to let' idea im not sold on - its not guaranteed rent as far as i can see so I don't see how they can claim those figures to be accurate if they are uninsured so to speak unless i missed something. Also I couldnt find that town on google earth but I get the idea its near to marseille? if thats the case it wouldnt be the prime area of france due to large numbers of immigrants and social unrest

thirdly they dont seem to be value for money - you can get stuff in perpignon (which if im right about the area they are in) which would be a better area for 40K less and get an insurance package thats will more or less insure that you get your rent over 6 years.

although they seem to be right on the water which is a plus

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I went to Sete when travelling Europe. Beautiful place and the even more impressive Montpellier is just North(?) about 10 mins drive if I remember correctly. Can't really comment on the housing side of things. Sounds interesting though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mpprh

sete1.jpg
    I couldnt find that town on google earth but I get the idea its near to marseille? if thats the case it wouldnt be the prime area of france due to large numbers of immigrants and social unrest

Google Earth has it at N43°24' E3°40' . The resolution for Sete is poor, and better views can be had from Geoportail which is based on aerial photos (the white spaces are military installations!).

Sete is about a 2 hr drive west of Marseille.

It was originally an island, and is now joined to the coast by sand spit causeways. There is access via lifting bridges in the town to the lagoons now trapped behind the sand spits.

Sete was colonised as a port by the Greeks and today is the largest French Med fishing port. it also has a commercial harbour, marina, carferry terminal (boats go to Tangier) and a cruiseship berth.

There is tourist development on the sandy coastline at the edge of the old city both on the ocean and lagoon sides.

More information about the area here.

I would also advise caution with leasebacks, although many French buy them without problems.

Peter

Advertisement