Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman Bad Furniture Delivery

Options
  • 18-07-2006 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭

Hello Everyone ,

I bought some Kitchen furniture from Harvey Norman in Airside a few weeks ago , when it was delivered it was not in the best of condition , there were scratches on the table and chairs , some dirt build up on the legs of the table and the sideboard unit was heavily bashed on one top corner , along with nails and pins for the backing not properly flush.

The door on the sideboard was hanging loose and the drawers did not run properly on the rails.

We contacted Harvey and he said he would send replacements , the replacement sideboard came in a box ( unlike the original ) and this had heavy damage to the underneath. I refused to accept it and sent it back.

I am now trying to get a refund for all items. The Items were not exactly cheap , Table and chairs coming to nearly 2000 euro.

They are trying to suggest replacing the items (again) , after two attempts already I dont think they are capable of delivering furniture in an acceptable condition.

What are the boards views on this , is it unreasonable to expect your new furniture to arrive damage and scratch free or is that impossible these days.
    Should I get a refund ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

repair, replace, refund.
    Obviously it can't be repaired, they have already tried to replace it but the replacement was also of bad quality, so all they can do is refund you.
    Tel them you want and are totally entitled to a refund, a bit of arguing should get it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Hi mathias, sorry to hear about your problmes with Harvey Norman. I got some furniture from them about 3 months ago and they came earlier than forecasted (1 week instead of 3 weeks) and the goods were fine...so I had no probs with them.

However what the 3 R's definitely apply here as Noelie pointed out. And that at this stage you are entitled to a refund. Maybe contact the Consumers' Association of Ireland for more advie on the matter.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Op! Don't take any ****. Hervey Noooowaam is an ordainry retailer. whilst they can go a long way towards making you happy,**** can happen. this is life. you've spent a lot of money and expect ot get the worth of it. So tell them it is unacceptable and either get your money back or get a replacement.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Well , after a bit of an argument , I stuck to my guns , quoted repair replace and refund to them and they finally collected the furniture this morning and I have a refund.

Its a shame really , we really liked the furniture but they just could not deliver in an acceptable condition so there was no other choice.

Anyway alls well that ends well ,

Guess its back on the hunt for a table and chairs so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

some of the best and cheapest furniture you will find is from small time retailers who deal with local carpenters and joiners.

• Advertisement
Advertisement