Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€50 Freeze Out Game "€2500 Prize Pool"

Options
  • 18-07-2006 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

1.This Tournament will be run by Premier Poker CLub
    2. Purpose of this event is commercial
    3. Will be held in Peacocks Steak House (The Millenium), River Valley, Swords Co.Dublin on the 19th July 2006
    4. This is a €50 (+€10 Reg) Buy-In limited to a Max 80 players with an estimated €2,500 Prize Pool (Exp players 50, more players = more prizes)
    5. No prerequisities
    6. Tickets can be won or bought on the day.
    7. Reg 7pm Game 8pm
    8. No Limited Hold’em
    9. There are no rebuys or Top-up in this tournament, and will be a straight knock out game.
    10. Starting Chips are 4000 for each player, Early Bird Registration 500Bonus Chips. You can register by PM or reply to this post today.
    (No Re-Buy or Top-Up)
    11. Dealer for the Final Table.
    12. Top 10% Players paid out (Cash Prizes & Tickets For Final)
    13. 20min Blind Level’s

50-100
    100-200
    150-300
    200-400
    300-600
    500-1000
    700-1500
    1000-2000
    1500-3000
    2000-4000
    3000-6000
    5000-10000 Until Finished

14. Tournament Director's will be Mark Kearns & Paul Moloney
    15. Tournament Director has final say
    16. There will be will a list of rules on the day

Also, The winner of this (and possibly runner-up) is gauranteed an Entry Ticket to our €250+€25 Freeze-Out in september with an estimated €15k Prize-Pool

STT's will be available Through-Out the night for those interested in winning tickets.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

just so i know, there is no 25-50, and no 75-150 levels??? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭prempokerclub

ditpoker wrote:
    just so i know, there is no 25-50, and no 75-150 levels??? :)

No i'm sure you know the craic with tournaments in bars, its better to leave out the blind levels at the start than to jack them up at the end.:) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

also what time do you have to be out of the pub at? is it by last orders as im wondering what will happen if the game is slow? will there be blinds skipped in order to get the play moving as you could be under a lot of pressure to be out of the place by half 12ish.

and you say tickets can be won will there be satellites to this event or the 250 one and what time will they start at?

Trippie wrote:
    also what time do you have to be out of the pub at? is it by last orders as im wondering what will happen if the game is slow? will there be blinds skipped in order to get the play moving as you could be under a lot of pressure to be out of the place by half 12ish.

and you say tickets can be won will there be satellites to this event or the 250 one and what time will they start at?

I try very very hard not to skip blinds but we are under a little pressure to wrap it up by 1(ish).

(Personally i think its better to reduce the blind clock to maybe 15 mins nearer the end depending on remaining players!!)

The satellites are for the €250 event available for players who are knocked out already, 6 players €50 or 8 players @€;35 per person( no reg fee ) just need to cover the price of the ticket + reg. When there is 6/8 players it begins.

The satellites are for the €250 event available for players who are knocked out already, 6 players €50 or 8 players @€;35 per person( no reg fee ) just need to cover the price of the ticket + reg. When there is 6/8 players it begins.

are you taking a cut of the satellite money?

• Advertisement

Trippie wrote:

There is practically nothing left nothing (€5 or €25 depending).

The winner can have it or second place as consolation, it doesn't really matter. I'm offering the satellites so that my regular lower stake players have a chance to get to the final, not for on the spot profit...

Trippie wrote:

There is practically nothing left nothing (€5 or €25 depending).

The winner can have it or second place as consolation, it doesn't really matter. I'm offering the satellites so that my regular lower stake players have a chance to get to the final, not for on the spot profit...

my mate went to this and said it was like a playing a rebuy tourney but thats besides the point the main thing he told me was that they had to pay a tenner to you's to play a side game so what had changed from the time you posted this to the time the event started?

he would also question the breakdown of the prize money as he had a suspicion of you skimming the pot(dont shoot me im just the messenger)

Trippie wrote:
    my mate went to this and said it was like a playing a rebuy tourney but thats besides the point the main thing he told me was that they had to pay a tenner to you's to play a side game so what had changed from the time you posted this to the time the event started?

he would also question the breakdown of the prize money as he had a suspicion of you skimming the pot(dont shoot me im just the messenger)

Sorry wasn't on for a while.

Firstly i can't control how people like to play their hands, loose/tight etc, so he played against loose players on this occassion?????

Secondly i announced there would be satellite games on the night to play for tickets for the €250 freeze out in september with no reg fee. Your friend didn't want to play this game they just wanted to play for themselves so i agreed and there was no charge but then they wanted a second game (a game which finished half an hour after the actual tournament, hence FEE)

And since i'm so honest i'll breakdown the takens -VS- prizes.

31 players (1 was free) @ €50 per head =€1500
    1st €750 (475 cash + Tickets @ €250+reg)
    2nd €350 + Free Buy-In @ similar event
    3rd €250 + Free Buy-In @ Re-Buy Event
    4th €150
    5th Free Buy-In @ Similar event

Any other questions i'm more than happy to answer!!!

Sorry should have added this in earlier.

Everybody is more than welcome to come along to the next tourney, Wednesday 2nd August, and then post their own opinion. And of course anyone who attends is more than welcome to see the player numbers -Vs- takings/prize money too.

Advertisement