Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspiron 6000 Bluetooth Capabilities

Options
  • 18-07-2006 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I was just messing with a mates 6300m laptop and noticed he has Bluetooth Manager running and the little blue led was on.

I have the same light but have never seen it on, on my laptop (Inspiron 6000). Can i download the bluetooth manager software somewhere and activate it?

Thanks,

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Presumably you've tried the Dell support site?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

CuLT wrote:
    Presumably you've tried the Dell support site?

i have now.. cheers CuLT..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Holding down Fn and pressing F2 should turn it on.

sceptre wrote:
    Holding down Fn and pressing F2 should turn it on.

thats just my wireless.. not my bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

All depends if you have the Bluetooth radio installed or not?

• Advertisement

whats the deffinite way to find out, if i have it?

is it part of the wireless card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

whats the deffinite way to find out, if i have it?

is it part of the wireless card?

This is a Dell so flip over the lappie and look underneath and note down the service tag then go to
    http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=pad

and enter the tag in the field.

This should tell you what the spec was when it left the factory.

If you can find the tag PM me and I'll look it up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

On the bluetooth icon in the taskbar (beside the clock) right click on it when you have your wireless enabled and if theres and option to "Turn on Bluetooth Radio" then you have a bluetooth card installed and it should work.Its toshiba software (on a Dell) designed to manage the bluetooth connectivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

thats just my wireless.. not my bluetooth
    It should (and you'll notice I'm using "should", not "will" as it depends what bios settings you've got) turn on the bluetooth module if you have it in the machine.

To check whether you've got one as MunsterCycling said, you can check the website. Alternatively, turn the thing over and see whether you've got a bluetooth label on the bottom. You'll have one for the power adaptor and one for the modem (they're the two big ones), as you've got a wireless card you'll have one about half the size for that. If there'a a fourth one, which will handily have the word "bluetooth" on it somewhere at the top, you've got a bluetooth module in the machine. Third option, pop out the battery, if I remember rightly the bluetooth on a 6000 goes in the little slot behind a user-removable little cover underneath that to the side. You'll be able to see it if it's there.

cheers for the tips guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You can also check the device list in the control panel system applet for a bluetooth entry. Make sure it is not the generic bluetooth driver as that is unlikely to work. Also check the bios that the bluetooth is not disabled.

Advertisement