Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Length of time before calling in a debt.

Options
  • 18-07-2006 1:58pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there a length of time , after which its not allowable for a bank to start legal proceedings to call in a debt?

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

this might be of help ;)
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1957_6.html

it depends a lot on the debt type

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Personal bank loan... had a look through that (very comprehensive) but nothing jumped out before my eyes glazed over... :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

DeVore wrote:
    Personal bank loan... had a look through that (very comprehensive) but nothing jumped out before my eyes glazed over... :)

DeV.
    It's 6 years to issue proceedings for breach of contract. If it's a mortgage it's longer (12 years I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Damn you beat me to it.

All that reading for nothing :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thanks for the feedback guys. Very interesting...

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement