Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Am I getting a good deal??

Options
  • 18-07-2006 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

BMW 320 ES 2002, interior needs a really good valeting and in theory should scrub up well. Anyways it just passed the NCT and has 4 new tyres on it. No real extras only AC and a CD changer. Private sale €17,650. Am I getting a good deal :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Mileage? Service history? Owners? Colour? Condition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

sounds good, any photos?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

ES or SE?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SDunne4

80 000 miles, full BMW service history, 1 owner, slate grey, owned previously by a builder so needs a really good clean and maybe some interior parts (door, handle, plastic cover behind drivers seat). Drives fine some scratches but minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Photos would be good..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Seems a lot of € for a car thats close to being over the hill. I mean 80k miles anything could pop on your way home from sale.

These days all car repairs are pricey but you'll pay a premium on Beemer work.

Keep searching would be my advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I take it back, after reading the work it needs I'd look elsewhere, it'll cost more than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

you will never have jap reliability with these cars. when buying anything german, don't get the newest, you'll regret it. take the same money and look for a 00 and you'll have a kickass car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

SDunne4 wrote:
    80 000 miles, full BMW service history, 1 owner, slate grey, owned previously by a builder so needs a really good clean and maybe some interior parts (door, handle, plastic cover behind drivers seat). Drives fine some scratches but minor.

any woren out interier and its time to take a second look at the millage...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

SDunne4 wrote:

Are you sure this builder wasn't towing a trailer full of cement or blocks around with it? €18k is alot of money for what sounds like a knackered 6.5 year old work horse to me. Check the rear of the car for signs of serious scraps, cracks in the bumper or dents where a trailor may have damaged the rear of the car.

I think you could get a better looked after car for similar or less money in the UK. The 3 Series is a dime a dozen over there so there are some real bargins and the specification will be higher.

Also as far as I know the 3 Series wasn't available in SE or ES trim originally in Ireland back in 2000 so the car might actually be a UK/NI import.

• Advertisement
Advertisement