Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK, I'm now accepting "games for two"

Options
  • 18-07-2006 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Travel is imminent. Games for 2; hit me!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

What about battleships?

All you need is a piece of paper and a pen or pencil each. Then you each draw 2 grids, I find 12 squares x 12 squares to be good.

Next decide what shape pieces you're going to have and how many of each. Usually I use 1 x straight line of 5 squares piece, 1 x straight line of 4 squares piece, 2 x straight line of 3 sqaure pieces, 1 x 2 piece, 2 x 1 piece and 1 x t-shaped piece, 3 across and 1 down the centre.

Now you decide where you pieces will go on one of the grids, (the other you use for seeing where your oppponent might be) you can only place the pieces horizontally and vertically not diagonally.

Your grids should be numbered and lettered. Either the vertical lines being numbered and the horizontal lettered or vice versa.

After that it's just a question of calling out grid references to each other and seeing who sinks who's battleships first.

I hope that made sense and wasn't too long winded.

Advertisement